Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    didnt go yday, being raped by exam prep... learning things - not revising

Gonna go today... I promise

I was tempted to say I got 180 yday then film it today so it would be UNACCEPTABLE for me to fail.

ReputationRep:
    lol

Yeah, you know you're in trouble when you're learning new things right before the exam! I make this mistake all the time. Learn in the year, revise/remember before exam! I'll learn this rule eventually.

ReputationRep:
    Session from just now:

Worked up to 1rm for squat - was actuallly quite confusing didn't what weight to attempt before

Back Squat:
    100kg x 5
    130kg x 3
    140kg x 2
    160kg x 1
    167.5kg x 1
    180kg x 1 PB

boom got it... looks kinda high in the video, although I was assured that it was parallel - its taken from an angle above the knee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ1I1cTuTG0

Was pretty tired.. not gonna refilm/try it.

Bench:

50kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    80kg x 3
    90kg x 2 (these felt heavy)
    102.5kg x 0

Failed about 8 inches from chest... Weak tri's for sure

Finish off with powercleans and some chest flyes....

ReputationRep:
    Last low bar back squat I'm going to do forever.... moving onto olympic lifts soonish

ReputationRep:
    Awesome lift. You going to move onto high bar squats then?

BTW, whats your weight/height out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    thanks - It could be a lot lower though, I realise I've lost almost all of the front of my leg - no quads....

And yep... moving onto high bar and front squats - want to get my front squat up to 150 at least soonish.... I reckon i got 120 - 130 in me within 2 weeks of training. Then onto overhead squat ect!

My diet has been piss poor.... weighed 86kg @ 5"11 today

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on the lift! Are you sure you won't try 180kg to nail depth and remove any doubt?

Anyway, well done. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    This'll be pretty interesting to see how we differ after iv done quite a bit more training. 5ft11 and 75 kg (11 st 13 right now) and squatting 3x90 (though i woulda got the 3x95, maybe even 1 or 2x100 too), I have the opposite problem. Im quad heavy so its natural for me to try ignore my glutes which isnt good...

ReputationRep:
    Its tempting but I won't.. the next squat maxes will be ATG.... I like PL.. buuuut... I think oly is way cooler..

Also I don't like what these squats are doing to my legs... (not that I care.. but still)

To make up for the weak squat attempt... I'm gonna say the minimum DL I HAVE to do on DL max day is 200kg.... tempted to open on 200kg, then 210 then 220..... that way I can kind of know how bad my squat was in a weird way.

(Original post by SMed)
    Congrats on the lift! Are you sure you won't try 180kg to nail depth and remove any doubt?

Anyway, well done. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    This was me roughly 13 months ago..... I used to be quad dominant too... dw you'll be forced to work pos chain in a couple months time

(Original post by Witchita)
    This'll be pretty interesting to see how we differ after iv done quite a bit more training. 5ft11 and 75 kg (11 st 13 right now) and squatting 3x90 (though i woulda got the 3x95, maybe even 1 or 2x100 too), I have the opposite problem. Im quad heavy so its natural for me to try ignore my glutes which isnt good...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redbuthotter)
    This was me roughly 13 months ago..... I used to be quad dominant too... dw you'll be forced to work pos chain in a couple months time
    Already started, immediate shoved 10kg on there and made that feel easy. Good mornings, whilst cool, feel dodgy

ReputationRep:
    No, even if depth was questionable, this isn't competition and judging by the bar speed, it might be as good as. imo

Good luck on DL. And look forward to some Oly lifting.

ReputationRep:
    lol thanks, I mean if exams and shiz weren't coming I most likely would... I'm just trying to carry myself over till after and not loose too much strength...

My powercleans are dog **** atm, failed 80kg today.

Oh and dave got the 300kg according to sanjay (he tok the vid).... kinda motivated me not to fail... I need to get as strong as him... though I don't understand why he's always injured!

ReputationRep:
    He's been powerlifting for over 5 years I think. And he's strong enough to hurt himself from time to time.

You probably failed 80kg PC because you're hitting the squats hard. Back off from them, and your cleans should come back.

ReputationRep:
    cos I was wearing my short shorts...... and the eleiko bar as rubbing on my bar thighs, bad times.

Your not training for ages right?? Whered do you live?? I intend on going to crystal palace or twickenham for oly coaching... you should come

ReputationRep:
    In Buckinghamshire. End of Metropolitan line.

ReputationRep:
    lol thats a joke.... commuting from the midlands would take a similair time.

You should rent..... £6k must be worth being able to train all the time

ReputationRep:
    Side note - my back feels fine... in fact it feels as healthy as it ever has - had a random thought showeing just now - you can't snap your back deadlifting can you?

ReputationRep:
    lol, try it and see.

ReputationRep:
    That squat was high, but pretty fast. You probably would've got it had you got to depth.

Dave's 300kg pull vid is up on his facebook, if either of you guys are friends with him.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 5, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.