Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Front squat:

[email protected]

Set 4 of 6:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGJ7q...=youtube_gdata

ReputationRep:
    lol, why are you *********** using your two accounts?

EDIT: Why is 'spastically' on the swear filter?

ReputationRep:
    Iphone, laptop, home pc, 2nd laptop... all logged into different places.

ReputationRep:
    78.3kg morning BW

ReputationRep:
    Front squats:

7 x 5 @ 95kg

set 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBFT-ynNzz0

Power clean... some technique work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO5LpOlr0oo

Seated DB militaries (weak):
    16kg x 8
    20kg x 6

SLDL:
    60kg x 8
    100kg x 5
    120kg x 5 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HqvKAxXTtQ

Pretty easy... legs feel slightly ******.

Smolov goes on!

ReputationRep:
    Those aren't standard sized 20's, are they?

ReputationRep:
    nope its virgin active in east putney.. pretty garbage gym. I weighed everything including the bar just to make sure.

ReputationRep:
    Is it me or on the second powerclean does your back come down just before the second pull rather than staying at the angle it starts at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Witchita)
    Is it me or on the second powerclean does your back come down just before the second pull rather than staying at the angle it starts at?
    yeah the second one was even crapper than the first, hips came up too fast, torso bent way too far over, catching is sloppy, jumping back, feet uneven.... you get the picture lol, just trying to get the transition and hip drive/extension correct first.

Which I guess starting position is very important... shame the virgin plates are a few inches shorter than standard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redbuthotter)
    yeah the second one was even crapper than the first, hips came up too fast, torso bent way too far over, catching is sloppy, jumping back, feet uneven.... you get the picture lol, just trying to get the transition and hip drive/extension correct first.

Which I guess starting position is very important... shame the virgin plates are a few inches shorter than standard.
    Why not take some plates and lay them on the floor then put the bar ontop of those? To make it the right height

ReputationRep:
    It was just 1 day.. I normally train at uni... and wanted to just get a couple of PC's videod with a half decent bar. Although I reckon even uni ones are about a inch too low. tbh I'm still total beginer with oly lifts... need to forget everything I learn't so far about PL.

(Original post by Witchita)
    Why not take some plates and lay them on the floor then put the bar ontop of those? To make it the right height

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean the Uni ones are an inch too low? Those are standard sized 20kg plates and you need to go and get the Eleiko bar from up front if you want a decent bar. But you need shin protection because if the knurling it's skin, it's getting shredded.

And get those goofy looking red training plates too. You can pretty much almost drop the bar from that height. I had 85kg-90kg on there and was doing controlled drop after cleans with those red plates on. Obviously don't stack 20kg's on those red training plates, just use the 15's.

ReputationRep:
    The red bumper plate is different size to the 20's by about half an inch to an inch in height. We tested it the other day.

Not a huge difference... but still. And yeah I'm gonna do more PC work... wanna go to twickenham oly centre one day?? and u can clean 85 - 90?? DAM

(Original post by SMed)
    What do you mean the Uni ones are an inch too low? Those are standard sized 20kg plates and you need to go and get the Eleiko bar from up front if you want a decent bar. But you need shin protection because if the knurling it's skin, it's getting shredded.

And get those goofy looking red training plates too. You can pretty much almost drop the bar from that height. I had 85kg-90kg on there and was doing controlled drop after cleans with those red plates on. Obviously don't stack 20kg's on those red training plates, just use the 15's.

ReputationRep:
    I did clean and jerk 85kg properly. I think I did a 90kg clean, but I know I couldn't jerk it. I can't remember exactly, it was months ago. I stopped the Oly lifts because they were too much for my discs. The explosive stuff ***** my discs up, but the slower power lifters are better.

I've got resit exam on 16-17th lol, and I'm not in London.

If you add on 80kg to those red plates, I'm sure it will squash that extra half inch right out.

ReputationRep:
    nice, was it a power clean?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah.

ReputationRep:
    ****... thats annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Yeah.
    What do you suffer from again?

Have you found a new gym yet?

ReputationRep:
    I have a degenerative disc at L5/S1, some facetal degeneration, and that ****'s pressing on my right sciatic nerve all the time.

I'm revising for resits, there are no close gyms around here so I'm going to build a home gym in a couple of weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Aiming to hit 140kg FS within 5 weeks or so.. then onto 160. Nt sure whether to drop bench or not.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 5, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.