Turn on thread page Beta

Chinese guys training blog (Bill Starrs 5x5) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redbuthotter)
    I always have an issue getting the bar down on my delts, I have to rotate my wrists back which is just not good at all. Ill start with 40/45 and work up a bit, dont wanna go for something like 60 straight off only to break my arm or something stupid

ReputationRep:
    Sounds about right... start stretching your wrists in your free time.... you won't want to get in bad habbits like me and racking with high elbows for push press!

(Original post by Witchita)
    I always have an issue getting the bar down on my delts, I have to rotate my wrists back which is just not good at all. Ill start with 40/45 and work up a bit, dont wanna go for something like 60 straight off only to break my arm or something stupid

ReputationRep:
    Bit of a weird session.. didn't think light cleans would tire me out.

High bar back squat:
    60kg x 5
    90kg x 3
    100kg x 5
    120kg x 3
    130kg x 3
    140kg x 2

Traps still sore... racking these were unpleasant.

Power clean from blocks (about 1 inch too low... ah well)

10 x 3 @ 60kg

Did some pulls from floor, some hang as well.

set 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2K4pDMALDU

set 8 or 9 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRpEjI7Erdc

RDL:
    60kg x 5
    90kg x 5
    120kg x 5
    130kg x 3

ReputationRep:
    Looked like a tough set.

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    That is just... beautiful

ReputationRep:
    What can I say... My hamstrings are weak.

ReputationRep:
    Thats still... 130kg isnt it?

ReputationRep:
    Yep... Should be nearer 150 at least with my squat levels ... dam torso length.

ReputationRep:
    What do you think the chances of getting 100kg front squatted by october 1st?

ReputationRep:
    From what originally? And you mean 1 rep? It's defo possible I think. What's your training/sports background?

ReputationRep:
    Front untrained. And yes, 1 rep. Athletics in the past but no experience with weights until now. 60x3x5 tommorow should be pretty easy, which puts my current 1RM around 70kg

ReputationRep:
    Ambitious... but definitely possible... I mean for back squat its more than possible... but front squat with good depth... well we'll see lol.

ReputationRep:
    Yea, Heck. even 80x3x5 I would be kinda happy with. But its about a month, which means iv only got 8 FS sessiosn from now 'till then so it isnt going to happen

ReputationRep:
    know any good physios?
    Never used one. But if you go via GP via NHS referral, it'll be MANY WEEKS. If you want anything soon, it'll have to be out of pocket. But you might as well try to get a referral now while you're thinking about. It might still be hurting in a few weeks, so might as well get on the list.

ReputationRep:
    ah how does this whole thing work? There is a physio I really want to see but don't want to pay for, can the GP refer me, and if so is it completely free?

Also if I'm insured (nt sure if I am) but pretty sure parents put me on something, would it cover anything or does it depend on the insurance. Lifting related injuries seem a bit like skiing ones... e.g. would it require special insurance as your pretty much garentee'd to have something happen at some point, as the sport is inherently dangerous (Nt in the classical sense.. but I think you know what I mean)

(Original post by SMed)
    Never used one. But if you go via GP via NHS referral, it'll be MANY WEEKS. If you want anything soon, it'll have to be out of pocket. But you might as well try to get a referral now while you're thinking about. It might still be hurting in a few weeks, so might as well get on the list.

ReputationRep:
    Also the pain will probs be gone by friday, should I just act like it still hurts or maybe do squats 2moro and see what happens. Appointment with docs is on friday.

ReputationRep:
    lol you'll get it, although front squat is a ***** to get up, what % of total lifting volume are you doing on front and back squats?

My front squat ain't bad but it still hasn't helped my lifting, I'd say I have the strength to clean and jerk 120kg but can probs only do around 90kg with my current skill/coordination level.

(Original post by Witchita)
    Yea, Heck. even 80x3x5 I would be kinda happy with. But its about a month, which means iv only got 8 FS sessiosn from now 'till then so it isnt going to happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    I'd probably just done this; dunno if it'd have made a difference for 140kg.

And another thing... that 'Austin' guy in your channel... did you allow him to lift like that in your presence? Shame on you.
    I just watched it, almost sick lol

how can he not have a back injury and I do! :'(

edit: his squat is cringeworthy too

ReputationRep:
    Also the pain will probs be gone by friday, should I just act like it still hurts or maybe do squats 2moro and see what happens. Appointment with docs is on friday.
    I'd just fork out for the physio you want to see, a lot quicker and probably better than the NHS ones

ReputationRep:
    1st rehab session.

High bar back squat:
    60kg x 6
    80kg x 5
    90kg x 5
    100kg x 3
    110kg x 3
    120kg x 3
    130kg x 1

All pretty easy most paused at bottom

RDL
    60kg x 5
    80kg x 5 looked left on last rep... felt my neck tweak, dropped bar str8 away pretty pissed off

Did some bar work/general rehab on pulleys/DB

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 5, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.