Turn on thread page Beta

Chinese guys training blog (Bill Starrs 5x5) watch

ReputationRep:
    sounds good... but I don't know who this sam guy is... whats he look like? Is he a regular... I havn't seen anyone clean heavy in ethos before... everything sub 100kg

Mayb u could teach me sami ^^

(Original post by SMed)
    Yeah, an hour of bothering those guys is not going to happen. I don't know how willing Sanjay would even be, but Sam spent about half an hour with some of my training partners on the clean. I was doing something else so didn't get in on it. But he's very friendly and cleans about 130-140kg something for reps.

ReputationRep:
    Though I'm sure a 2nd pair of eyes would generally be useful; they'd have to belong to someone that was good at cleans.

Sam is an English guy, around the 6' range, and probably 95kg. He's got curly blonde hair and usually just hangs around the barbells. He's a thrower of some kind, can't remember what (hammer, shot, discus?). He's a regular.

ReputationRep:
    True but at least you know how to scoop from first pull to second... I don't even attempt the first pull anymore... or the transition I just try dipping into the jumping position/2nd pull and hope it goes up.... dam my technique is bad

(Original post by SMed)
    Though I'm sure a 2nd pair of eyes would generally be useful; they'd have to belong to someone that was good at cleans.

Sam is an English guy, around the 6' range, and probably 95kg. He's got curly blonde hair and usually just hangs around the barbells. He's a thrower of some kind, can't remember what (hammer, shot, discus?). He's a regular.

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably be in tomorrow at about 14:45 ish, but then you just went today. I don't know what I'm doing exactly, but I'll probably try some cleans from the floor.

ReputationRep:
    I want to get a "Lifters Leader Board" at Ethos. Name, height, weight, lifts and Wilks score or something. And keep it on the wall by the squat racks. Though I think Dave will probably be at the top permanently.

What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Interesting... we will need a judge and videos too.... wilks could be interesting but I think maybe be should have years trained as well (not easy to judge I know)... or possibly do the weight classes by height? Because I personally think someone with high bf% as a result of bad diet is disadvantaged.... Would be cool though... I'd definately support it... though tbh I'm not sure that many guys would be too into it.... polish guy lifts for sport, sanjay doesn't powerlift, its only dave, you me.... although dave is injured... so how would that work? It would surely have to be best set and certified in ethos! Maybe get the PT's names down too... I'm not sure I wanna be coached by henry... purely because he doesn't really lift

Another thing... is how comes your still on tsr periodically but you don't have time to train properly? I know your not exactly on campus.... but two or three times a week should be fine no?

(Original post by SMed)
    I want to get a "Lifters Leader Board" at Ethos. Name, height, weight, lifts and Wilks score or something. And keep it on the wall by the squat racks. Though I think Dave will probably be at the top permanently.

What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    + there is a ******** of *****es in ethos.... would we have a minimum entrance requirement?

ReputationRep:
    "Years Trained" is a bit homo tbh. You either earn a decent lift, or you don't.

No need to get too complicated with it, just a bit of fun. The regulars can run the board and we can just run ourselves I suppose at first. Unless we come in and start seeing some weird **** on there, it should be okay. Or get one of the PTs to run it and 'certify' it?

We could maybe have a top 10 or top 15. So obviously, not every person that lifts will be up there. Mainly just the people interested in the top 10.

I haven't been at SK much and mostly at CX. Travelling is too much time right now, and so is falling asleep when I get home. I still go on TSR because I'm a huge procrastinator. If I'm not studying or on TSR, I Procasterbate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redbuthotter)
    + there is a ******** of *****es in ethos.... would we have a minimum entrance requirement?
    dude do you still do Muay Thai? (Im gessing you do it at Imperial?) What is that like? Also do you know what any of the other martial arts societies are like at Imperial? thanks man

ReputationRep:
    I've been to Imperial and I also went to a place in earls court.... though I havn't been much recently... I'd say muay thai at IC isn't bad though if you want to take it seriously I'd recomend joining a full on club in your local area... where u live? Also the karate, kempo, tkd and ju jitsu socs are all jokes.... I wouldn't bother with them... if you want grappling go hammersmith carlson gracie

(Original post by thegreatest)
    dude do you still do Muay Thai? (Im gessing you do it at Imperial?) What is that like? Also do you know what any of the other martial arts societies are like at Imperial? thanks man

ReputationRep:
    ok deece sesh today....

Ok these warm up sets are getting repetitive/pointless

Back squat:
    60kg x 5
    100kg x 5
    130kg x 3
    150kg x 3 PB
    110kg x 8

BB Bench:
    60kg x 5
    70kg x 5
    80kg x 3
    90kg x 3 PB

Rows:
    52kg x 5
    62kg x 5
    72kg x 3 PB
    52kg x 8

Squat video..... ******* got the ************* depth biatches....... screw the form nazi's... everyone was legal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmLwj-Aqfwo

in other news I managed to pull a hammie whilst benching

ReputationRep:
    Good looking squats. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Ps. for SMed... talked to henry today said eleiko are going to have the bar shipped to the uk supplier by the 14th of march and after that should take 5 working days to get to ethos.

On top of this they refuse to allow 4 bars used at once... this is ********.

But on the bright side he said that he could run a weightlifting club down in the sports hall using judo matts, the hammer strength plates and the eleiko bar... if we can find 5 people... you in?

ReputationRep:
    ^ because eleiko ship from sweden... they don't have uk operations apprently

ReputationRep:
    What's on each side of the bar there? Do you have 25kg plates? Wish we ******* did.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like 2 20s, a 15 and a 10.

ReputationRep:
    yap... that makes 150kg

couldn't be bothered to look for more 20's.... though I defo will for my 4 plate attempt even if it takes me an hour of waiting time.

@brohood.... why would you want 25's?? They were being used by some guy doing DL anyway.... we only have 8 x 20's and 8 x 25's... its not enough if we got 3 serious lifters there at once

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redbuthotter)
    Ps. for SMed... talked to henry today said eleiko are going to have the bar shipped to the uk supplier by the 14th of march and after that should take 5 working days to get to ethos.

On top of this they refuse to allow 4 bars used at once... this is ********.

But on the bright side he said that he could run a weightlifting club down in the sports hall using judo matts, the hammer strength plates and the eleiko bar... if we can find 5 people... you in?
    Hell to the yeah. But I still don't think we'll be able to drop the weights. Judo pads won't be enough to protect the bar, and if you stack the pads too high messes with the height. We should swap some plates with the Boat House since they can't drop the weights, and now we can.

ReputationRep:
    nice legs man :yy:

and was that a squat jump on the 3rd rep lmao

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean you can't drop the olympic bar with non bumper plates? Why not... I thought it cost 650... purely because it was designed for that ****... I thought the no dropping was due to flooring and plate issue? But he said it'd be ok... since the judo mats are like an inch think or sthn... idk, I think the bar would be ok... dunno bout the plates.... should be fine though

(Original post by SMed)
    Hell to the yeah. But I still don't think we'll be able to drop the weights. Judo pads won't be enough to protect the bar, and if you stack the pads too high messes with the height. We should swap some plates with the Boat House since they can't drop the weights, and now we can.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 5, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.