Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Chinese guys training blog (Bill Starrs 5x5) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My uni gym has four 25 plates. I don't like using them because it messes up my maths when I'm loading the bar. :o:

ReputationRep:
    Non-bumper plates will tear a bar up over time. I suppose with the rubber coating and pads, it might be okay for a while; at least for as long as we're there. But probably not for years and years.

We'll find out though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redbuthotter)
    yap... that makes 150kg

couldn't be bothered to look for more 20's.... though I defo will for my 4 plate attempt even if it takes me an hour of waiting time.

@brohood.... why would you want 25's?? They were being used by some guy doing DL anyway.... we only have 8 x 20's and 8 x 25's... its not enough if we got 3 serious lifters there at once
    Cos I have to spend bloody ages looking round for 20s.

ReputationRep:
    Nice squatting. Reps were all really fast as well, not even a hint of a grinder.

ReputationRep:
    thanks, finally got a decent cameraman today.... though today wasn't ME.... monday I have to try 150 for 5.... fingers crossed... its the 90kg bench for 5 that's gonna be a pain though!

I think I win the smallest calf award... they're less than 14"... seriously how

ReputationRep:
    thanks, finally got a decent cameraman today.... though today wasn't ME.... monday I have to try 150 for 5.... fingers crossed... its the 90kg bench for 5 that's gonna be a pain though!

I think I win the smallest calf award... they're less than 14"... seriously how
    Non-swole leg genetics.

ReputationRep:
    lower leg... my post chain is like beyonces, quads are average... thigh measurements normally engulfed by hammies/ass

(Original post by Brotherhood)
    Non-swole leg genetics.

ReputationRep:
    Mate, we've seen you in tight shorts now.

You do NOT have beyonce's arse.:nah:

ReputationRep:
    I hear she uses padding

ReputationRep:
    yer dunno what happened... was determined to **** that **** up, myt be extra powerz from starting creatine idk XD

(Original post by cowsforsale)
    nice legs man :yy:

and was that a squat jump on the 3rd rep lmao

ReputationRep:
    I squat jump a lot haha. lightweight baybeh

you have 5 reps in you easy..

nice work matey

ReputationRep:
    Thanks.... I'm doing this: http://stronglifts.com/my-squat-experience-on-smolov/

after I get 180

without the **** ups/injuries and maybe..... just maybe once I get to over 5 plates, start using equipment and start entering going to amateur meets.

Do you compete btw? iirc you lift loads too

(Original post by commandant)
    you have 5 reps in you easy..

nice work matey

ReputationRep:
    wow apparently the raw drugs tested world record for my weight class (85kg) mens squat is only 272kg....

Thanks.... I'm doing this: http://stronglifts.com/my-squat-experience-on-smolov/

after I get 180

without the **** ups/injuries and maybe..... just maybe once I get to over 5 plates, start using equipment and start entering going to amateur meets.

Do you compete btw? iirc you lift loads too
    Ive done smolov (the base meso) and will be doing again soon, great program

yeh I've entered one comp

ReputationRep:
    Pretty ****** session today.... felt weak as hell (sleep/food problem/exam stress ¬¬) reflects in the numbers that went... or didn't go up.

Squat:
    60kg x 5
    100kg x 5
    130kg x 3

Next I decided to "test" the water with 150kg x 1... see how heavy it felt... if it was easy I'd do 170kg x 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0ycSfiUpns

As you can see..... pretty hard so stuck to 150kg.

150kg x 5 PB

Bashed out 5 after this.... sounds like a joke,... but my cameraman wasn't concentrating and missed the first two reps... sounds like BS but you guys seen the vids before so yeah... was kinda my fault cos I take 2 or 3 mins to psyche up then I unrack it pretty fast so he missed it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2MohrK0wuo

Bench:

Worked up to
    80kg x 3
    90kg x 4 PB (almost missed the 4th... didn't even attempt 5th... BAD day ¬¬)

P. Rows:

These got better.. tried the new form and it felt good.. not sure I can feel the lat burn though:

50kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    70kg x 5 PB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDgRZLZvANk

Then tried 80kg for 3 just for fun.... these suck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSKgef_JSRY

end.

ReputationRep:
    That guy on your left, deadlifting in the background, is one of my training partners. He's wearing my belt. He looks funny.

ReputationRep:
    I think if you practised with a belt, you'd have 180kg in a week.

ReputationRep:
    lol thats a very tempting proposition..... is that a "garentee" :P?

ReputationRep:
    Actually that makes sense..... 150 for 5 = 170 for 1 roughly.... hmmm 180 would be sick.

I might start belting up.... though I don't have one in london... I bought a **** lonsdale one which is in leicester

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 5, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.