Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are joint honours any less respected? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acp11)
    :eek: oh I should have made it clear, I'm looking to go into the 'business' field rather than the law side of things.
    Then it wouldnt be considered a disadvantage and would at least raise interesting interview conversation... as long as you can justify studying a subject you had no intention of perserving at!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lattywatty)
    Eek. This frightens me I would be aiming for the top 10 unis and Oxford was definitely one of mine (I LOVE the sound of their course on their site!!)

Hmm... I still have a while to think about it really. Is that a general rule for all joint honours courses, the fact you're less likely to get it?
    As in alternative courses ie. English and Philosophy? yes....
    As in joint courses at universities such as chest-(something)... less so, because generally, once you get into those grade requirements more people are applying for both as they enjoy both but there isnt the need for them to be 'The Best' at both so they are willing to accept more applicants (from talking to friends and lecturers that is)

ps.
    I'll PM you whether or not I get anymore offers if you like, if i can do it ... you CERTAINLY can!!!!

pps. Oxford... I think in 2009? they didnt accept a single student for joint eng and hist... They generally get 80-ish applicants a year and have 11 places :O but are of the principle, if none of the applicants can be outstanding at both, then they wont be taken for both...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.