The Student Room Group

Dropping Out

Hi there,

I want to drop out of sixth form. But the problem is my school gave me my statement of entry which was printed by them.

It is now holidays for a week. I want to drop ou first day back. I am worried I might need to pay for the exams. But the school gave me the entry today which wasn't exactly fair because I couldnt discuss anything with my parents as I had lessons all day and then a doctors appointment which was important.

What do I do? Can I just stop going to sixth form or what?

By the way, my school should've gave me this information in Janurary (as dated on the letter that is with it). I don't think this is fair at all... can someone please please help me, i will be going back to sixth form on MOnday 22nd, I will try phoning this monday.. and go in during the revision sessions..
Reply 1
StudyingFreak
Hi there,

I want to drop out of sixth form. But the problem is my school gave me my statement of entry which was printed by them.

It is now holidays for a week. I want to drop ou first day back. I am worried I might need to pay for the exams. ..

Your school will get a full refund if they withdraw you from the exams after the holidays and before the entry deadline (March) so you should not have to pay anything.
Reply 2
gdunne42
Your school will get a full refund if they withdraw you from the exams after the holidays and before the entry deadline (March) so you should not have to pay anything.

Thank you very much! I wonder why she lied!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! May be they love me so much to stay! My exam boards are OCR and Edexcel... do u guys hav any links just in case??
Reply 3
Just out of curiosity, why are you leaving?

I left 6th form after being entered for exams and I didn't have to pay anything!
Why do u wanna leave sixth form?

By completeting A-Levels, it opens alot more doors for you in the future...
Reply 5
Hi there,

I want to leave and then start again in sept. These courses are not for me, thas why. But, I know abou alevels that will open more doors for me.
Reply 6
bump
Reply 7
Zilch
Reply 8
StudyingFreak
hi

According to this the final date for withdrawing from exams and qualifying for a refund is the 21st of April (I assume it's roughly the same for all boards) so I don't think having to pay for exam entries will be much of an issue. As for dropping out completely and then starting again you'll have to talk to your tutor/head of sixth form so you can drop out properly, just not going isn't the best idea as they'll probably start contacting you or your parents to try and get you to turn up. It might also affect any reference you get if you want to start Y12 again at a different sixth form/college.
Reply 9
Kuriso
According to this the final date for withdrawing from exams and qualifying for a refund is the 21st of April (I assume it's roughly the same for all boards) so I don't think having to pay for exam entries will be much of an issue. As for dropping out completely and then starting again you'll have to talk to your tutor/head of sixth form so you can drop out properly, just not going isn't the best idea as they'll probably start contacting you or your parents to try and get you to turn up. It might also affect any reference you get if you want to start Y12 again at a different sixth form/college.

My head of year at my current Sixth Form, would have no problem with me dropping out.

Thank you for the link, I will use it for refrence purposes. I was wondering, any chance you have a Edexcel link? Hopefully the date is rouphly the same.
Reply 10
StudyingFreak
My head of year at my current Sixth Form, would have no problem with me dropping out.

Thank you for the link, I will use it for refrence purposes. I was wondering, any chance you have a Edexcel link? Hopefully the date is rouphly the same.

I can't find one that explicitly states the date for GCE withdrawals but this says that final withdrawal date for principal learning is the 21st April so I assume it will be around then.
Kuriso
I can't find one that explicitly states the date for GCE withdrawals but this says that final withdrawal date for principal learning is the 21st April so I assume it will be around then.

Thank you very much Kuriso. One of the best replies in this thread, exactly what I asked for. :wink:

I wonder why my examination officer lied :rolleyes: .

Latest

Trending

Trending