Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ok so here's the story... background to it first (which may explain why the situation has arisen) I have an anxiety disorder that I am receiving councelling for - I am always nervous and VERY paranoid - hence I don't feel good enough for my boyfriend so I'm paranoid he will dump me.....

Back to the story.... We met on an internet dating site, and started going out about 5 months ago. About two weeks after we started going out I deleted my profile from the internet dating site and haven't been on it since... till tonight. My paranoia got the better of me and I went and looked at my boyfriend's profile. It turns out he is still using the site and is listed as 'single' on it....

Should I mention it? Or let it go, I don't think I could face losing him as I am basically failing my degree and only staying at uni so I can be with him.:confused:

What would you do?

Anyone!!?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry much about it.

You can mention it if doing so would put your mind to ease, but don't sound like you're accusing him of anything and im sure he wouldn't mind.

ReputationRep:
    If it shows when he was last active, and it was recent, you should probably say something.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Anyone!!?
    No One. :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    Wow, the fact that you had to post again because no one had responded after a whole 18 minutes says it all. Do you text him every five minutes 'just to check in'?

ReputationRep:
    it seems to me that ur B/F gives u security and your very clingy? (i may be wrong), i say dump ur B/f and concentrate on passing ur Degree.

(Original post by Igor00)
    Wow, the fact that you had to post again because no one had responded after a whole 18 minutes says it all. Do you text him every five minutes 'just to check in'?
    No, actually... I usually text a couple of times a day at the absolute maximum!! :rolleyes:
    But the reason I posted again is because I am just off to bed and wanted some replies before I went... I know it may seem trivial to you but when you have anxiety problems it is very hard to think sensibly and clearly at times....I always view things out of proportion so I just wanted some views from some more sane people!
    And on that note, thank you for the sensible replies

(Original post by rivers_sid)
    it seems to me that ur B/F gives u security and your very clingy? (i may be wrong), i say dump ur B/f and concentrate on passing ur Degree.
    Thanks for the reply but I wouldn't say I was clingy to be honest.... and people with mental health issues don't always have to be :o:
    Why would I dump him? He is amazing, but I just wonder why someone in relationship would regularly go on dating websites....

ReputationRep:
    Another coniving solution would be.. hack into his dating account and see who he talks to....

ReputationRep:
    I hear you OP. Just don't make any badly-thought out decisions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks for the reply but I wouldn't say I was clingy to be honest.... and people with mental health issues don't always have to be :o:
    Why would I dump him? He is amazing, but I just wonder why someone in relationship would regularly go on dating websites....
    No offence and I don't wanna bring it more anxieties but perhaps one of the reasons that he is still using the website is that he doesn't think you are so amazing? You didn't tell us anything about how your relationship actually is so I have no idea but maybe because he knows that you are so dependant on you he doesn't want to break up with you.

ReputationRep:
    depends...

ReputationRep:
    If you're failing your degree, is it actually a good thing that you're wasting your time at university just to be with him?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.