Turn on thread page Beta

Why the hell can't I get a Girlfriend??? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok so here goes, I would normally never write on these kinds of sub forums but i think it's time to get at least some preliminary advaice from poeple who may be in a similiar position as me...or could offer any help

I've honestly always been very popular and confident and get along with all types of people from all "social groups" as it were...even more so now i'm in UNI (and loving the experience might i add!!! :yes: ) however I've just started UNI and i have to admit i've never even had a Girlfriend. This really puzzles me because i have no problem talking to women, and in fact have many attractive female friends. In fact I'm a very social guy and LOVE talking to women!

I am very short for a 19 yr old guy at 5 foot and i am chubby, but not grossly fat. I'm definately not ugly and have a good sense of style...so where the hell am i going wrong in my life???

Seriously i have the great privalege of being able to say that all areas in my life are good...I have a great family, i'm well educated and have no serious regrets...Apart from relationships...

Can anybody tell me why this small part of my life is so messed up? I know some of you are going to say "who cares you have all your life ahead of you to find the right person. **** IT AND ENJOY YOURSELF!"...and i agree with you!

However, seeing all my friends having relationships at this age, i feel really left out at times and REALLY low...any help would be really welcome!

ReputationRep:
    You can't get a girlfriend because you made this thread.

ReputationRep:
    You are small and fat....Think there lies the problem. Harsh but that's life.

ReputationRep:
    You sound Asian. Flaunt your natural inherited Asian intelligence. Girls dig that.

ReputationRep:
    Because you resemble a potato, End this thread now bruv.

ReputationRep:
    just join more societies and you'll get to know more people.

I personally think its your height cos it cant be the personality or confidence. My friends at uni want their b.f's to be of a certain height like 5 ft 6. I cant think of any other reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    You can't get a girlfriend because you made this thread.
    It's a crime to get some advice? Trust me, this really Isn't my style as well but it's just something that's been bugging me is all, I'm honestly not taking it that seriously!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rivers_sid)
    My friends at uni want their b.f's to be of a certain height like 5 ft 6.
    oddly specific :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insanetothebrain)
    Because you resemble a potato, End this thread now bruv.
    Wow you put it to me really eloquently there...

*that was sarcasm by the way, a man who calls another man "bruv" might fail to spot that...a little more respect will get you far mate, trust me!

(Original post by Mazty)
    lol.

yes so anyway, back to my point... i have an unhinged personality and i manage to achieve relationships, so you must look like the back end of a bus if your as great as you say you are in other areas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InvoluntarySlacker)
    You sound Asian. Flaunt your natural inherited Asian intelligence. Girls dig that.
    Hahaha made my day xD, nice to see you again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsata)
    Ok so here goes, I would normally never write on these kinds of sub forums but i think it's time to get at least some preliminary advaice from poeple who may be in a similiar position as me...or could offer any help

I've honestly always been very popular and confident and get along with all types of people from all "social groups" as it were...even more so now i'm in UNI (and loving the experience might i add!!! :yes: ) however I've just started UNI and i have to admit i've never even had a Girlfriend. This really puzzles me because i have no problem talking to women, and in fact have many attractive female friends. In fact I'm a very social guy and LOVE talking to women!

I am very short for a 19 yr old guy at 5 foot and i am chubby, but not grossly fat. I'm definitely not ugly and have a good sense of style...so where the hell am i going wrong in my life???

Seriously i have the great privalege of being able to say that all areas in my life are good...I have a great family, i'm well educated and have no serious regrets...Apart from relationships...

Can anybody tell me why this small part of my life is so messed up? I know some of you are going to say "who cares you have all your life ahead of you to find the right person. **** IT AND ENJOY YOURSELF!"...and i agree with you!

However, seeing all my friends having relationships at this age, i feel really left out at times and REALLY low...any help would be really welcome!
    Knock few sessions at the gym , have some anabolic steroids .... get ultra buffed.
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham22)
    lol.

yes so anyway, back to my point... i have an unhinged personality and i manage to achieve relationships, so you must look like the back end of a bus if your as great as you say you are in other areas.
    Well I've seen the back end of a bus mate and i can tell you i'm far better looking than that, I'm short and CHUBBY, not short and FAT. And i'm not that bad looking. Trust me when i say i may be short but my personality is huge and i will not take such a rude comment without offense.

I can tell where this is going and personally i don't like the fact that im turning into a joke. Consider the topic ended thankyou and i will consider reporting anyone that posts unconstructive comments after this. Thanks to everyone that actually tried to help though!

ReputationRep:
    Don't listen to these mofo's :p:

Have you tried approaching a girl, asking one out for a coffee or something?

ReputationRep:
    maybee its because your a bit "up yourself" your saying that you are definatly not ugly and have a good sense of style thats what you say about yourself maybee others dont think that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InvoluntarySlacker)
    Asian guys are short and fat?

I'm Asian....

lol. Parents are from Bangladesh to be precise.

(Original post by Starless Eyes)
    Don't listen to these mofo's :p:

Have you tried approaching a girl, asking one out for a coffee or something?
    Kinda hard when you need to crane your neck.

to OP, simplest adivce would be to lose weight and go for shorter girls.

ReputationRep:
    Well by the sounds of it when you meat a girl your more of a friend to them than a bf so they wouldnt see u that way i guesss ?!? Maybe if you were more flirtageouse how ever uu spell it nd less social (Y)

ReputationRep:
    My friend likes males to be taller than 6ft.

You're seriously 5ft? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Im quite tall and not fat and i couldn't find one in like.....2 years.....reason that?
    PS Im guessing that I am not freakishly ugly

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.