Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Oxford-MSc Mathematical Modelling and Scientific Computiong and been invited to a phone interview:eek:

How did you prepare for your interview?
    The prerequsites for the course are about Math, but they ask me some pure mathematical problems?:confused:

My major is Math (BSc) and I have basic C programming knowledge:eek3: what can I prepare for the interview?

Any advice for me?
    Thank you in advance

ReputationRep:
    I was invited for the phone interview too. No idea how to prepare for it! :P

The email suggested that it will be largely about answering technical questions related to the pre-requisite. So I guess we could prepare by revising the topics in the pre-requisite?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Hope you've been admitted! I was in the program this year so I'd be happy to help if you've got any questions.

ReputationRep:
    You do realise this thread dates back to February?

The two posters above you may have/not have received an offer by now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smeuuh)
    Hi guys,

Hope you've been admitted! I was in the program this year so I'd be happy to help if you've got any questions.
    Hi smeuuh

i am going to have an interview for this programme in about a week time. I am very worried about the interview. can you give some idea what will be going on during the interview? what sort of questions will they ask me?

many thanks

ReputationRep:
    Do you know the requirements for the course coming from a university like Imperial or UCL?
    And do you know if they weight the interview as one component of the application or is it crucial?

Thanks a lot!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 23, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.