Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied for one of these this year- I've applied for the Dept of Energy and Climate Change.

Any ideas on when we might hear and how many applicants they have for the 50/60 places?

ReputationRep:
    I also applied for the DECC. I think we will hear back towards the end of the month. It's apparently extremely competitive, probably a lot of people have applied.

Do you know if there are interviews held?

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I applied for the Buisness, Innovation & Skills Department.

The website says:
    The 2010 Vacation Placement Scheme has now closed. The GLS Recruitment Team will shortly be writing out to candidates to notify them of the outcome of their application.

If you have any questions regarding the scheme, please call the GLS Recruitment Team on 0845 300 0793.

=> So i'm guessing we will hear shortly.

The website said somewhere that some departments will interview, some will not.

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for the OFT, apparently we will hear by the first week in March.

ReputationRep:
    I did it last year. At the department I was in, they got about 200 apps for 6 places. So the odds aren't great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legal12345)
    I did it last year. At the department I was in, they got about 200 apps for 6 places. So the odds aren't great!
    Well done for getting it though!

ReputationRep:
    Nothing yet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AP1989)
    Nothing yet...
    Surely it has to be tomorrow.... I hope :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Over_The_Odds)
    Well someone said above that they should get back to us by the first week of March, so yeah hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Over_The_Odds)
    I applied for the GLS scheme last year and got a placement at Tsol. I heard back from them at the end of March, but things might have changed this year. Best of luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    When I applied (Tsol) I got an email saying they hoped to get back to me no later than the 9th of March.

Haven't heard anything yet though.

ReputationRep:
    Still not heard anything from the BIS.....I really don't like this wait!

Good luck everyone.

ReputationRep:
    still waiting too, would be great if we all heard something tomorrow, don't want it lingering over the weekend. Hope there is good news on this thread soon.

ReputationRep:
    No emails...not even to confirm application...nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EverythingFades)
    No emails...not even to confirm application...nothing.
    What dept did you apply to?

I got an email from the GLS saying they recived my application and would reply by the 9th March.... 2 more days!

ReputationRep:
    Mod

ReputationRep:
    Anyone get that annoying email today about not hearing till before the 18th March?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccak_2k7)
    Anyone get that annoying email today about not hearing till before the 18th March?
    No I didn't, what dept are you going for?

Generally the GLS like sending letters instead of emails/phone calls, which is old school but somehow exciting (might just be the novelty!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happychappy22)
    No I didn't, what dept are you going for?

Generally the GLS like sending letters instead of emails/phone calls, which is old school but somehow exciting (might just be the novelty!)
    TSol.... they just said that due to the overwhelming number of applicants people won't be hearing till around the 18th. Think they just sent it out to stop us harassing them tomorrow if no one had heard!

Better than a rejection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happychappy22)
    ha, thinking the mod have sent mine by carrier pigeon. :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.