Turn on thread page Beta

Government Legal Service Vac Scheme watch

ReputationRep:
    i applied for the oft too. no response yet. i heard that responses should be sent out by the 18th March

ReputationRep:
    PFO by email, oh well...

ReputationRep:
    They Rang Me And Left An Answerphone Message Asking Me To Ring Back And Give My Email Address. I Rang Back, Gave The Address Then They Email Me And Say No!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EverythingFades)
    They Rang Me And Left An Answerphone Message Asking Me To Ring Back And Give My Email Address. I Rang Back, Gave The Address Then They Email Me And Say No!!!!!!
    That is rubbish! Strange they somehow lost your email, not fair getting your hopes up like that.

ReputationRep:
    I got a rejection by email too, but I didn't have my hopes up too much because its clearly a very competitive scheme.

Did anyone have any more luck? Care to share any application hints etc?

ReputationRep:
    Rejection. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Rejection.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from the Treasury Solicitors department yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by petalo170)
    Has anyone heard from the Treasury Solicitors department yet?
    Just the email the other week

They best not extend it again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccak_2k7)
    Just the email the other week

They best not extend it again!
    Hope not! I just want to hear back either way.

ReputationRep:
    I cannot believe how long it is taking GLS to get back to ppl. For once it wud be nice for recruiters to have the qualities they are looking for in candidates..i.e. professionalism, ability to meet deadlines, stability...sense!

ReputationRep:
    No later than the 18th March! Liars

ReputationRep:
    No later than the 18th March! Liars
    When did you apply? I applied the day before the deadline so I have a feeling i still got a looooong wait to go!

Anyone had any news from TSol?..they haven't left the country have they?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manolo_Gal)
    When did you apply? I applied the day before the deadline so I have a feeling i still got a looooong wait to go!

Anyone had any news from TSol?..they haven't left the country have they?!

I applied a very similar time!

I only got that email saying we should have heard by today- did you get that also?

Starting to get very impatient!

ReputationRep:
    I applied a very similar time!

I only got that email saying we should have heard by today- did you get that also?

Starting to get very impatient!
    Yes, it said due to the unprecedented amount of applications extended deadline to 18th and today passed with no email - nothing!
    my friends applied to other depts and they all heard so its a TSol thing. I know what you mean..my finger is tired from refreshing my emails! Altho last year they did most of their offers through a letter so if you get a letter any time soon..its good news! and yes, I have also been waiting for the post. Thanks to TSol i now know who my postman is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manolo_Gal)
    Yes, it said due to the unprecedented amount of applications extended deadline to 18th and today passed with no email - nothing!
    my friends applied to other depts and they all heard so its a TSol thing. I know what you mean..my finger is tired from refreshing my emails! Altho last year they did most of their offers through a letter so if you get a letter any time soon..its good news! and yes, I have also been waiting for the post. Thanks to TSol i now know who my postman is
    It is a bit rude considering they said we should hear by today Hopefully tomorrow or I may send them an email asking what the deal is.
    Will check the post tomorrow... very eager. Hopefully hear things soon!

ReputationRep:
    It is a bit rude considering they said we should hear by today Hopefully tomorrow or I may send them an email asking what the deal is.
    Will check the post tomorrow... very eager. Hopefully hear things soon!
    :yes: tomo is another day!
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Still nothing from Tsol - anyone else heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    26th March! Are they having a laugh?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    26th March! Are they having a laugh?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :eek: :no: Its sooo annoying!!! Another week!! I dont get what they are doing, surely they shud have anticipated that this year with the recession more ppl will apply. :stomp:

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.