d0nt smoke

ReputationRep:
    Because it feels good, man.

ReputationRep:
    Smoking is just silllllllly.

ReputationRep:
    Smoking is just silllllllly. :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    Depends on what you are talking about smoking. I'm not the biggest fan of tobacco.

ReputationRep:
    People should be allowed to take any drug they like imo. I don't want to be told by anyone what I can and can't put into my own body.

(I don't smoke by the way)

ReputationRep:
    Because the health risks don't matter to me. I have no desire to eek out as much life as I can on this earth till I'm 80 or 90 or some similar ridiculous age and end up dying of parkinsons or some other physical and mental degenerative thing. If technology advances so much that I can live in a 20 year olds body when I;m 90 then they'll be able to stop cancer, so it's win win, if not I don't want to live till I'm 90, nor even 70.

When it comes to other people, I don't believe anyone breathing in a bit of second hand smoke in the street will do any more harm than chemical filled exhaust fumes. After all, no one kills themselves by chain smoking cigarettes but plenty of people kill themselves with their car exhaust fumes

Plus it feels good. Not amazing, but good. What else am I going to spend my money on anyway. Good quality green is expensive and not easy to smoke in the street. Ket or coke is even more expensive and you can't relax. it's easier to get **** than booze and booze always makes your head hurt. And eating, as my body has found out, makes you fat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tangerine Dream)
    People should be allowed to take any drug they like imo. I don't want to be told by anyone what I can and can't put into my own body.

(I don't smoke by the way)
    HIPPY ALERT!!! lol

But seriously...i agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saalih)
    fair enough.....

i wish every smoker quits so that the tobacco industry suffers huge losses and shut down because they caused so many deaths & illness..
    Everybodys got to die of something mate. And non smokers have a higher cost on the government than smokers if that's the bee in your bonnet.

ReputationRep:
    Because it's cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nouvelle vague)
    Because it's cool.
    This.

[spoiler]I'm not so cool[/spolier]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadder)
    Everybodys got to die of something mate. And non smokers have a higher cost on the government than smokers if that's the bee in your bonnet.
    it is not just about the cost, and the excuse that everybody got to die of something does not work for me....because here an industry of death is built and actually advertised

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, how stupid do you have to be not to treat life as a competition to see who can last the longest?

I can't believe these morons still think having "fun" is a good thing to be doing. No government guidlines or targets say I should have fun, so I don't. It's not complicated. Duh.

ReputationRep:
    Just to spite people like you. :ta:

ReputationRep:
    Why not?

Also I don't think many of those ads are that effective.
    Plus skulls are cool.

ReputationRep:
    I smoked for a year. Quit 5 months ago.

Don't do it; you just can't justify smoking anymore. Anyone who starts is just a poser douchebag who wants to fit in by trying to look 'cool' (and yes this is from personal experience).

ReputationRep:
    I'm smoking a cig right now, and it's goooooooood :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I started smoking at 19, I knew it was wrong, gross, and dirty but I started cuz the job I was workin at wouldnt let you have a break basically unless you smoke. (basically you couldnt say I need to take a 15 min. break to check my phone) I started just to go oustide of the office, and 5 years later I'm still doing it...I wanna quit so bad, but just cant get the motivation...it pisses me off when people start cuz i always said i would never get hooked and now i am...So glad the no smoking ordinace is in set cuz it helps me cut down, and hoping to completly quit within the next few months

ReputationRep:
    To fit in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    I'm smoking a cig right now, and it's goooooooood :coma:
    nothing gooooooooood about it imo

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.