ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schoolstudent)
    I've never tried a cigarette, but i want to
    It's the one thing making me feel a little better about turning 18 soon
    that is really sad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saalih)
    that is really sad
    why? don't most people feel bad about getting older? what else is there that's good about it really? 17 you've got driving. 18 you've got cigarettes, and i guess alcohol

EDIT: now i get it, you're an anal anti-cig person
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I think the government should stop with all the aggressive anti-smoking adverts. They obvious don't work, and there are obviously plenty of idiots for which they are even an encouragement.

Surely in this day and age no one can be as ignorant as to not know that smoking is extremely bad for your health. If people want to continue to destroy their health, that's fine, as long as us non smokers don't have to inhale their second hand smoke, which unfortunately happens a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schoolstudent)
    why? don't most people feel bad about getting older? what else is there that's good about it really? 17 you've got driving. 18 you've got cigarettes, and i guess alcohol

EDIT: now i get it, you're an anal anti-cig person
    when someone actually looks forward to be 18 for smoking!! it is indeed sad....

instead of feeling good that each year you should gain more information, get wiser, do better things in life, rectify your actions etc.....

ReputationRep:
    when someone actually looks forward to be 18 for smoking! it is indeed sad.
    That is your opinion. In my opinion, it is sad to deluded oneself with empty religious nonsense.

the cigarette industry should be banned
    You are a typical Muslim. You seek to force your views on others.

ReputationRep:
    I don't smoke but it's a good ice breaker when someone says "Have you got a lighter?", which is why i always carry a lighter.

That and because i'm an arsonist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greens)
    That is your opinion. In my opinion, it is sad to deluded oneself with empty religious nonsense.

You are a typical Muslim. You seek to force your views on others.
    well if you ever managed to look into the matter logically, it makes sense to ban the cigarette industry....

and it is sad when a human being wants to kill himself when he reaches 18 instead of wanting to live a healthy life

well if you ever managed to look into the matter logically, it makes sense to ban the cigarette industry....

and it is sad when a human being wants to kill himself when he reaches 18 instead of wanting to live a healthy life
    It makes no logical sense to ban the cigarette industry; it would put millions of people out of jobs who grow the plant, who cultivate it, process it, sell it.

Cigarettes come with a warning on them saying they're harmful - if people still choose to smoke, thats their decision that is for themselves alone to make, and not for you to make on their behalf.

Next you will want to ban fast foods because they lead to an early grave. People are allowed to harm themselves, get over it, if you don't think it's a good idea then don't smoke or eat fast food ... but enforcing your views onto other people through coercion is called fascism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CandyFlipper)
    It makes no logical sense to ban the cigarette industry; it would put millions of people out of jobs who grow the plant, who cultivate it, process it, sell it.

Cigarettes come with a warning on them saying they're harmful - if people still choose to smoke, thats their decision that is for themselves alone to make, and not for you to make on their behalf.

Next you will want to ban fast foods because they lead to an early grave. People are allowed to harm themselves, get over it, if you don't think it's a good idea then don't smoke or eat fast food ... but enforcing your views onto other people through coercion is called fascism.
    no it is not fascism and what good came from capitalism anyways?

laws can be made so that there is a healthy environment, for example i am sure smokers mind that they are prohibited from smoking inside buildings, restaurants etc. so is that fascism?

same way, there could be health inspections to restaurants to see that the quality of food is healthy.....

no it is not fascism and what good came from capitalism anyways?

laws can be made so that there is a healthy environment, for example i am sure smokers mind that they are prohibited from smoking inside buildings, restaurants etc. so is that fascism?

same way, there could be health inspections to restaurants to see that the quality of food is healthy.....
    The smoking ban in public places is one thing; banning the industry alltogether is another matter entirely. If people choose to harm themselves in their own home, they should be allowed to. I don't actually support the ban in pubs btw, it has resulted in so many pubs going out of business.

With health inspectors their job is to ensure the food isn't dangerous without the customers realising it - they cannot close down a kebab shop because the food is too fatty and therefore harmful, but instead if the meat isn't being cooked; again, there is a huge difference. People realise cigarettes harm them, it says on the packet, if they smoke anyway that's their choice.

I wont go into capitalism now, because I could write an essay on the subject - but it has brought freedom and prosperity to any nation that adopts it, 400 million people out of poverty in China due to capitalism, the amount of people in India in poverty has decreased 18% since the 1980's when it adopted capitalism. Women in capitalist countries have the right to work, vote, marry who they want to etc.

What has Islamofascism done for the world?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CandyFlipper)
    The smoking ban in public places is one thing; banning the industry alltogether is another matter entirely. If people choose to harm themselves in their own home, they should be allowed to. I don't actually support the ban in pubs btw, it has resulted in so many pubs going out of business.

What has Islamofascism done for the world?
    the bigger the cigarette industry the bigger the risk of people dying, it is becoming one of the biggest causes for death!!! yet people do not want it banned.....

as for Islam and what it has brought...(do NOT judge Islam by today's Muslim countries as they have failed to apply true Islamic teachings and are running after the unfair western forms of governments like the so called democracy etc.)

REAL respect for women...not capitalism, where women are exploited by men and made to do things she is not fit for, lying to the public about the so called equal treatment of men and women!!!

peace and progress http://www.muslimheritage.com/
    http://www.1001inventions.com/

TRUE justice system
    for example, where even the Caliph (equivalent to the president/prime minister of a country) was brought to trial by a local man (non Muslim) and the judge gave the verdict in favor of the local man...

poverty being eradicated, where the rich MUST give something to the poor, (not capitalism where rich gets richer, poor gets poorer, failed welfare system)

decrease of crime rate..(not capitalism where rape rates are on a high and other crimes as well)

and I could write multiple essays on Islam and what it can bring....

ReputationRep:
    well if you ever managed to look into the matter logically, it makes sense to ban the cigarette industry.
    I'm not going to be lectured on logic by a religious fruit. What is more, this issue is about freedom and self-determination.

it is sad when a human being wants to kill himself when he reaches 18 instead of wanting to live a healthy life
    That is your opinion.

In my opinion, it is sad to seek comfort in religious nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    the cigarette industry should be banned, it is one of the few industries that openly sells "death/slow death" and is advertised vigorously
    It's illegal to advertise ciggies in the UK... and most of Europe...

(Original post by mikeyd85)
    It's illegal to advertise ciggies in the UK... and most of Europe...
    Heh heh, indeed; its been illegal to advertise cigarettes for about ten years.

I smoke because I like it, I started because I wanted to try it, and I simple enjoyed it, so I carried on. Simples.

ReputationRep:
    Because i want to give your family cancer. :emog:

ReputationRep:
    Tell me that this is not sexy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Pleasure of course; why the hell else?
    Because you're addicted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HappinessHappening)
    Because you're addicted?
    Circular argument really - why'd you start in the first place?

ReputationRep:

and I could write multiple essays on Islam and what it can bring....

:lolwut: oh please :lolwut: god :lolwut: don't!

I promise I'll quit! Just no more islam shoved down my throat! :nah:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.