Turn on thread page Beta

The Football Manager stories thread watch

ReputationRep:
    Old Championship Manager game here, (01/02 updated to latest players) but i thought i'd post my game with AFC Wimbldon anyway :P

09/10 - Just staved off relegation from the conference (i.e game over) in the last match of the season

10/11 - Promoted to League Two, Lewis Grabben top goalscorer in the league

11/12 - Finish in the bottom quarter of League Two

12/13 - Promoted to League One

13/14 - Promoted to Championship - wahoo!

14/15 - Just avoid relegation - Lewis Grabben leaves mid way through the season to go to a 'bigger club' - Barnsley.. who just got relegated ha.

15/16 - Back down to League One Stadium planning permission denied, 7000 seater stadium still and having trouble keeping finances in the green.

16/17 - In progress, hoping to get back up to the Championship and stay there this time. Not going to quit until i win the Premier League

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    I might have to write up a CM 01/02 game.

--Given--
    --T. West--Ferdinand--Terry--
    --Bakircioglü--Mark Kerr--Kallstrom--J.Cole--
    --To Madeira--Chopra/Tsigalko--Samba--

Back in the days when you could get away with a 3-4-3 formation. Anyone that's played CM 01/02 will know how enjoyably easy it is, especially if you know all the Super Swedes and the legends that are To Madeira and Tsigalko.

Actually I had Said instead of West.
    My favourite CM of all time. Kennedy Bakircioglu!! Tsigalko.. Ukranian? MArk Kerr? hahaha yes!!

Edit: And Atalanta were unreasonably good! esp: young players. Christian Chivu was young and at Ajax!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)
    My favourite CM of all time. Kennedy Bakircioglu!! Tsigalko.. Ukranian? MArk Kerr? hahaha yes!!

Edit: And Atalanta were unreasonably good! esp: young players. Christian Chivu was young and at Ajax!
    Atalanta had Lauri, Rossini and Doni - all world class, and Ibrahimovic for Ajax. Such a fun, addictive game.

ReputationRep:
    Atalanta had Lauri, Rossini and Doni - all world class, and Ibrahimovic for Ajax. Such a fun, addictive game.
    oh ****! jokes! hahaha Im so tempted to pick it up again. Bellini! Joker! There was a Polish DM who was immense too..... Kusnetzy or something like that.

WHAT A GAMME!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah if you're a filthy student with the time to play it

ReputationRep:
    CM 0102 is undoubtedly the best manager game of all time.

Tsigalko, Robben, Aghahowa, Chiotis, Samba, Dunwell, Bruno etc etc etc were all awesome. There were some decent defenders there too but I can't remember any.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skadoosh)
    CM 0102 is undoubtedly the best manager game of all time.

Tsigalko, Robben, Aghahowa, Chiotis, Samba, Dunwell, Bruno etc etc etc were all awesome. There were some decent defenders there too but I can't remember any.
    TARIBO WEST! For a free transfer, he's easily a Champions League standard defender.

ReputationRep:
    TARIBO WEST! For a free transfer, he's easily a Champions League standard defender.
    Just remembered Ibrahim Said as well, he was brill for an Egyptian. Oh and Okoronkwo too, he was good at the back and rather cheap.

Oh yes and the days of Mido being a decent striker! I am actually tempted to reload this game for a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Interestingly, my best players in Championship Manager 2001/2002, and how they turned out in real life:
    Shay Given - had a good career at Newcastle, currently at Man City and capped many times for Ireland.
    John Terry - former England captain, capped 58 times for country
    Rio Ferdinand - current England captain, capped 76 times for country
    Taribo West - since 2001 has played 30 league games in different countries
    Ibrahim Said - had a fairly unsuccessful career
    Assane N'Daiye - helped Shakhtar Donetsk win the Ukrainian league but died at the age of 33
    Kennedy Bakircioglü - had a decent career with FC Twente
    Julius Aghahowa - had a successful time at Shakhtar but done little since leaving
    Kim Kallstrom - had a very good career with Lyon
    Mark Kerr - had a decent career in Scotland
    Joe Cole - had a very good career with Chelsea and capped 53 times for England
    Michael Chopra - had a decent career at Championship level
    To Madeira - does not exist
    Maxim Tsigalko - had a decent spell with Dinamo Minsk but his career has capitulated since
    Cherno Samba - scored one league goal in his career

So while CM 01/02 was right about a few (Ibrahimovic, Robben, etc), they massively messed up on my strikers.

ReputationRep:
    I do love FM, though thanks to using older comps now am restricted to 2008. Almost always play as Newcastle, and tend to bring in youngsters mostly.

I win all too often, unsurprisingly. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    I do love FM, though thanks to using older comps now am restricted to 2008. Almost always play as Newcastle, and tend to bring in youngsters mostly.

I win all too often, unsurprisingly. :sexface:
    :coma: You are perfect for me Mr Poo :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    You join a large and distinguished coterie. :sexface:

I think it's rather well known anyway that I have a significant soft spot for Newcastle. Have done since I was a kid.

ReputationRep:
    :coma: What I'd do to be top of that list :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    I have a soft spot.
    I hope you don't use this line with the ladies, Poo Poo. :gah:

ReputationRep:

I think it's rather well known anyway that I have a significant soft spot for Newcastle. Have done since I was a kid.
    How gutted were you then when we went down

ReputationRep:
    Naturally I was upset at Newcastle going down, but it would be rather foolish of me to pretend to know what you went through. I'm mainly livid that such a club is being so badly run. The three traditional powerhouses of English football - United, Arsenal and Liverpool - are these days associated with clubs of enormous financial autonomy. In my opinion, Newcastle is the main club with everything needed to become the fourth in the ways that money cannot buy in the short term. To see it pissed down the drain is a tragedy for the country's game.

I do Kev, to play with them, but it tends to go down very well if one works on hardening one's approach over time. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    You should post in the Newcastle Soc more often Hubert, we need some regular posters to make ourselves a big club :awesome:

ReputationRep:

I do Kev, to play with them, but it tends to go down very well if one works on hardening one's approach over time. :awesome:
    Only good if the one working on hardening the approach is not one's self.

ReputationRep:
    Lol. :p:

When I'm a billionaire I will buy the club off Bobby Hill. How's that for a promise? Better than posting.

Kev, quite true. Off to H&R tbfh. FML. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    But what would you do if Newcastle play Arsenal. Sit in your Newcastle suit, or sit with the Arsenal fans :gah:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.