Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Clare is the second oldest college (1326) and St Catz is the 9th college in 1473.

Hmm, Christs and Johns appear to have the same shield.

And what are Ridley Hall, Westcott House and Wesley House?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    And what are Ridley Hall, Westcott House and Wesley House?
    Theological colleges I think.

ReputationRep:
    We had a talk at the start of the year about how our college dropped massively and how we had to rescue it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mop)
    Possibly related to the fact that the majority of Neighbours watchers/people in the bar this year were third years.
    lol....... :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)
    We had a talk at the start of the year about how our college dropped massively and how we had to rescue it...
    we had that as well. and wahey, rescue it we did. although it appears that the majority of our neighbours-watchers/cindies-frequenters were also damn clever...

ReputationRep:
    girton is way back :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    Hmm, Christs and Johns appear to have the same shield.
    They were founded by the same person. Some bishop acting on behalf of Lady Margaret Beaufort.

EDIT: Actually, I have a feeling that that's wrong. But there is some connection, I just can't remember it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d750)
    They were founded by the same person. Some bishop acting on behalf of Lady Margaret Beaufort.

EDIT: Actually, I have a feeling that that's wrong. But there is some connection, I just can't remember it.
    they were both founded by lady margaret beaufort. christ's is about 7 years older than john's. rumour has it they got the land and we got the family silver. sigh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    we had that as well. and wahey, rescue it we did. although it appears that the majority of our neighbours-watchers/cindies-frequenters were also damn clever...
    The third years didn't get it though and only finals count so they rescued it. We'll be right back down again next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amateurish)
    they were both founded by lady margaret beaufort. christ's is about 7 years older than john's. rumour has it they got the land and we got the family silver. sigh.
    There's a Margaret Beaufort Institute - omitted from the list of theological colleges:
    http://www.margaretbeaufort.cam.ac.uk/

primarily aimed at Catholic women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mop)
    Theological colleges I think.
    http://www.theofed.cam.ac.uk/instcentres.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    I have a copy of the Independent in front of me, so I copied it. If I knew it was in today I'd have done it for you before I went to London.

Second and third places are very close (0.04%), which is disappointing for Trin as they also got a greater percent of firsts.

A.
    *sigh* one more first might have done it. Oh Well, Trinity rocks!

(Original post by Michael Mourao)
    girton is way back :p:
    Girton int in Cambridge... :p:

ReputationRep:
    What's with all this pro-college stuff from people who aren't even there yet? (myself included) :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    What's with all this pro-college stuff from people who aren't even there yet? (myself included) :rolleyes:
    Are you honestly that surprised?

ReputationRep:
    Dude, you got unconditional. But now that someone mentions it. I've always tried to dodge those things ... always think they might give me bad karma (although my understanding of karma comes from frequent visits of /.), which I don't need on Results Day

ReputationRep:
    well, seeing as we're not there yet, and that most people haven't got confirmed places, i think quite a lot of this is rather premature

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    Girton int in Cambridge... :p:

oh shut up :p:

ReputationRep:
    GO ROBINSON!!!, their just going up and up, at this rate should be Top 5 next year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    GO ROBINSON!!!, their just going up and up, at this rate should be Top 5 next year!
    CHRIST ON A BIKE, you've not even applied yet. Calm down!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicalsausage)
    CHRIST ON A BIKE, you've not even applied yet. Calm down!
    People can get excited quite easily. But, on the other hand, Robinson is known as the Trinity car park. So....

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.