Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

baby memories watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    y cant we remember memories when wwe were babies?

ReputationRep:
    I remember some.

ReputationRep:
    It's strange coz I only remeber 1 memory when I was a baby and the rest is all a blank

ReputationRep:
    My earliest memory is when I was 4 and I got left behind at my nursery when my group was going on a trip to the library .
    Other then that can't remember anything before then, but then again my memory for a 21 year old is pretty poor!

ReputationRep:
    My first memory is being at playschool when I was around 2 and a half and having sand thrown in my face by a boy!. I dont know why we have no memories of being babies though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TickTackToe)
    y cant we remember memories when wwe were babies?
    When we're babies our long term memory isn't fully developed yet.. which is why we can't remember anything from the first few years of life.

It's very frustrating.. I'd love to have had some memories from being a baby!

ReputationRep:
    My first memory is of my first birthday. I then don't have any until I was about three years old.

ReputationRep:
    Possibly because we got treated badly by whoever we were with at the time so our minds will block out all those memories. I remember walking and falling over...alot

ReputationRep:
    I guess in one way not being able to remember being a baby is a good thing, imagine remembering being born!.......my birth was pretty traumatic and I"d hate to remember that.

ReputationRep:
    I tell myself I remember some events, but then I realise that most of these 'memories' are based on photographs i've seen and things i've been told. The earliest actual memory I can think of is when I was 2, so not really a baby.

I dont know how old I was but I can just remember being in a cot in my parents room and then up in my own bedroom, I can remember being woken up by my mum and crying because I thought a power lead was a snake on the bed opposite.

ReputationRep:
    I remember something from when I was 8 months old, it's just a kind of flash. I thought it was from a later date, but I told my mum about it and she said I was 8 months old! But my next memory is when I was 3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    My first memory is being at playschool when I was around 2 and a half and having sand thrown in my face by a boy!. I dont know why we have no memories of being babies though.
    Mine's about the same age as well and has to do with playgrounds too..It's just an image of the playground i used to go to :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fawn)
    I remember some.
    like how you used to be cool?

:ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I remember being in my cot so I'm guessing thats age 1-2? And I've got quite a few memories from playgroup aged 2-3

I think my long term memory is really quite good whereas short term most stuff is in one ear and out the other

ReputationRep:
    I can't even remember what happened last night, let alone when i was a bloody sprog...!

ReputationRep:
    Constant rewiring of neurons as you grow up combined with long-term memory taking ages to develop properly.

Earliest memory I have is about 30 seconds of my second birthday. It's all blank before that and from then until I'm about 4, and then it's intermittent from then on.

ReputationRep:
    I can remember a few memories from around pre-school, but none before that.

ReputationRep:
    My earliest memory is from when I was two...

ReputationRep:
    TO protect you against child abuse.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.