Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    my ex-girlfriend has left me for another boy. she has even told me that it isn't anything i have done which has ruined our relationship, it's just that this other boy 'is just there'.

i feel so lonely, and would literally do anything to just have another chance with her. he's taking her out for valentines day, and this really hurts me, as on sunday i'll probably be sat at home by myself feeling upset and generally terrible.

what should i do? considering she's come back to me before after leaving me for the same boy, is there any psychological tricks that will make her realise that she really should be with me? everyone says (not always to me) how much better i am than this other boy, which just confuses me even more. when i met her it was like love at first sight, which is why i think being friends would be extremely difficult.

sooo please, any advice is appreciated, i love this girl so much, and it just seems unfair how if he wasn't there, things would be amazing with us...:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you need to move on, she obviously doesn't feel the same way about you.

ReputationRep:
    Just move on. If she does come back, what's to say she won't do it again? It's hard to take, i know- but you'll be fine in a month or so.

Good Luck.

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    She's already left you once for him?

Dude, time to move on and ditch this *****.

ReputationRep:
    i have to say, it sounds like shes using you as a bit of a rebound, if shes done it before she'll probaly do it again and probably lose respect for you as your acting like a bit of a doormat

we've all been in that situations before, my ex cheated on me twice, dumped me twice and i always took him back and i had EVERYONE telling me they dont respect me because i cant stand up for myself, it took me two years to find the guy im with now.

you have to give it time for the bad feelings to go, everything heals with time

ReputationRep:
    Op I am sorry to hear what has happened.

I believe time is a healer with these sort of things at first it seems your whole world is comming to an end but in fact it is not.

You need to keep away from her - that is the only way. I presume your just not ready to accept that shes moved on which is normal.

I think the fact that she keeps comming back to you also is worrying - you need to cut all contact. The sooner you do this the better it would be for you.

In the mean time I suggest distracting yourself heavily with things - get rid of everything that reminds you of her and really start thinking about yourself.

Hope you feel better soon - it will be a tough journey but you will get there in the end. I promise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous.)
    You need to keep away from her - that is the only way. I presume your just not ready to accept that shes moved on which is normal.

I think the fact that she keeps comming back to you also is worrying - you need to cut all contact. The sooner you do this the better it would be for you.

Hope you feel better soon - it will be a tough journey but you will get there in the end. I promise.
    This.

Too many people try to stay friends with people they have serious feelings for and always wonder why their feelings dont go, it might seem impossible but the less contact you have the less youll think about her.

when one door closes another one (or more) open

really hope you feel better soon
    x

ReputationRep:
    whilst i appreciate this advice sooo much, there are a couple of problems

1: i have a relativley busy life, i.e there are rarely days where i'm just stuck at home

2: i have tried to move on for a while and i came to the conclusion that i just don't want to

3: last time we broke up i completely cut contact, and then she started to miss me and came running back crying her eyes out.

4: cliches aside, lol, it was actually love at first sight, therefore it is extremely difficult to just cut her out of my life considering she is coming to my sixth form next year and i would see her almost everyday...

ReputationRep:
    Look at what's between your legs.

You're not designed to play mind games.

ReputationRep:
    Well, you both sound PERFECT for each other. Just wait, she'll be back, then she'll leave you again. You'll BAWWWWWWWW, she'll stop getting the attention she wants from the other guy and coming BAWWWWWBAWBAWing back to you. It'll go on forever and you'll both die alone in a puddle of tears.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concubine)
    Well, you both sound PERFECT for each other. Just wait, she'll be back, then she'll leave you again. You'll BAWWWWWWWW, she'll stop getting the attention she wants from the other guy and coming BAWWWWWBAWBAWing back to you. It'll go on forever and you'll both die alone in a puddle of tears.
    LOL you're from camberley, i'm for ash vale hahaha, you'd probably know the girl i am talking about! hahaha

anyway, if i leave them to it, and give him a proper chance, there is the chance she will realise who she really wants, and then when she does come back , she won't be going back to him like a yo-yo

ReputationRep:
    There's only ever one solution and that's to move on which obviously is easier said than done. You've got to just come to terms with the fact that she doesn't want you and that there's no point wasting time hoping she might change her mind. Even if she did, taking her back once is more than generous. If you want my advice, cut contact completely and only be polite if ever you see her - nothing more. She's made her decision and if she regrets it then that's her sorry fault. There's absolutely nothing you can do mate, just try not to think about you and her and try and occupy yourself with other things. It worked for me.

ReputationRep:
    okay i understand you dont really want to move on
    but do you REALLY think she'll actually take you seriously if she comes running back to you?
    if she comes crying back to you, its not because she wants you its because your giving her the attention she wants, face it, us girls are complete b*****s, show us your weakness and chances are we will abuse it =/
    i really really think you should try to move on, my first love is in nearly the same class as me for everything but i still managed to find someone new, i still love my ex but i have someone better.
    you really need to try....harder.

ReputationRep:
    ah i really feel for you, thats the ******** felling in the world being heartbroken. id give you a hug if i could.xxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    You're making yourself into a victim here. I know you really want to convince yourself that she's not using you and one day she'll return for good, but it isn't going to happen. Have some self respect and move on with your life, becoming dependent on this one girl isn't going to do your mental health any good at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awtaylor)
    my ex-girlfriend has left me for another boy. she has even told me that it isn't anything i have done which has ruined our relationship, it's just that this other boy 'is just there'.

i feel so lonely, and would literally do anything to just have another chance with her. he's taking her out for valentines day, and this really hurts me, as on sunday i'll probably be sat at home by myself feeling upset and generally terrible.

what should i do? considering she's come back to me before after leaving me for the same boy, is there any psychological tricks that will make her realise that she really should be with me? everyone says (not always to me) how much better i am than this other boy, which just confuses me even more. when i met her it was like love at first sight, which is why i think being friends would be extremely difficult.

sooo please, any advice is appreciated, i love this girl so much, and it just seems unfair how if he wasn't there, things would be amazing with us...:confused:
    You need to grow the **** up.

1: i have a relativley busy life, i.e there are rarely days where i'm just stuck at home

2: i have tried to move on for a while and i came to the conclusion that i just don't want to
    The first one isnt a problem, its one of the solutions. Forget her, move on. The second one is just stupid, are you going to pine for her forever?

ReputationRep:
    Move on, time heals all wounds. Plenty more fish in the sea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    You need to grow the **** up.
    no need for that you busy c*nt

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.