Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Alicia Keys is RUBBISH..!!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    i think she's gone a bit winey in recent tracks. i like that one she did years ago, falling is it? i just can't get into her new stuff.

ReputationRep:
    She has a great voice, she's not rubbish... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You need to get your car radio checked.

ReputationRep:
    She's effing gorgeous though.

ReputationRep:
    Nah she's ******* awesome bruhhh.
    She actually has some talent, without depending on electronic sounds and voice-altering equipment, which is more than a lot of pop-singers these days.

ReputationRep:
    Shes a greattt singer,
    I would love to see you do better OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isabella___)
    Ok so she doesn't use autotune, she plays instruments on her own tracks and she writes her own material. Maybe you don't like the outcome of her talent, but you are ridiculous saying that she is 'rubbish'. Although presumably you prefer your music a bit more manufactured.

THIS :yes:

you should listen to *sleeping with a brokenheart* *falling* * teenage love affair*

THE'YRE SOOO GOOD :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydoh)
    I hope you're not implying I dislike her, because No One is a great song, absolutely fanastic song.
    Yeah I love that song too.

I find it hard how anyone can label someone with such a beautiful voice, song-writing ability and notable instrumental talent "rubbish".

and

favourites

ReputationRep:
    ...and here's her live performance:

Her voice is gorgeous!

ReputationRep:
    Her lyrics can be really corny at times, her old stuff from SONGS IN A MINOR was much better but I still like her compositions!! and again she's actually one of the artists that have talent!!

ReputationRep:
    Iiiiiiiii just keep fallin in and out, of love, with youuuuuuuuu

what a tune!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trixx)
    You need to get your car radio checked.
    This... or maybe the OP needs their ears checked?

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Alicia Keys = :coma::drool:

ReputationRep:
    Alicia Keys is one of the very talented singers out right now AND she can play the piano!!

I agree that the songs she comes out with now are not as good as those on her last albums like Songs in a Minor and As I am but they are still good!!

The song I'm liking a lot from her now is "Unthinkable" from her new album...the one Drake wrote :gasp:

ReputationRep:
    I don't really listen to her but she's actually one of the more talented pop artists about at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Prince & Bob Dylan like her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stew1988)
    I was listening to her new song - Doesn't mean anything - in the car this morning.

Its just a whining noise, I had to turn it off

Anybody else think this??
    I agree that it's not a good song - no matter who would have performed it. However, if you listen to her older stuff, it's pretty damn amazing. I'd say she's x2 as talented as most other artists in the charts!

ReputationRep:
    Just no.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.