Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Alicia Keys is RUBBISH..!!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    No she's not, i think her voice is amazing!....

ReputationRep:
    I'm not normally a fan, but Empire State of Mind part 2 is ******* amazing!

ReputationRep:
    She is very talented both with her songwriting and is a classically trained pianist. Anyone who calls her rubbish is a complete idiot for those reasons. Not my piece of cake some of the time but some of her tracks are really good.

ReputationRep:
    I think she's amazing, No one and Empire State of Mind are amazing!

Loved her version of state of mind on the VMA's I thought she was better live than on the track

ReputationRep:
    She is definitely not rubbish, I love her to death.

I have a big problem with how much she strains her voice and oversings though. You can even hear it in that video that was linked at the beginning to Empire State of Mind Part II, which is not exactly a hard song. She's always doing it. Missing notes, overstretching her range, etc etc. Her voice has a lot of feeling in it, her songs are always well composed though so it's not something insurmountable. I play her all the time.

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    oh no you didn't...

ReputationRep:
    this is now an alicia keys appreciation thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRPZh...eature=related

ReputationRep:
    Empire State of Mind Part II says she isn't One of my favourite songs of all time.

ReputationRep:
    :eek3:

Alicia Keys is phenomenal! Pretty much the best artist out there at the moment. Empire State of Mind (without Jay Z) just blew me away first time I heard it on Youtube. 'Let's hear it for New Yooooooooooork', I heard her do a version for BBC 1Xtra, 'Let's hear it for Looooooondon'. Amazing.

ReputationRep:
    yeah shes good but her new song is really crap and whiney

ReputationRep:
    I really loved her first album, but not much since.

You picked on the wrong girl OP :naughty:

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the OP
    her songs are hard to listen to at first because of her whiny voice but after a few listens its okay......... I love empire state of mind but I think thats due to my obsession with New York lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [url)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhPAK8HjcPI[/url]
    Wow. That was amazing!

ReputationRep:
    Rubbish: No, don't be so silly.

Boring: Yeah, very much so.

ReputationRep:
    OP is crazy. Alicia cannot possibly get more props. Firstly the talent that she possesses as exemplified through her vocal ability, pianism? and hardbodies compositions puts her at a level that few other popular artists can attain. Lets not mention her looks. Jheeeze this woman is actually beautiful, but she carries herself with an air of class. She also doesn't prance around in stupid clothes and revealing outfits like that little sketta Lady Gaga cos she lets her music sell itself.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: Not sure this thread's turned out the way you wanted it to OP...

I think she's awesome, personally.

ReputationRep:

:yep: Personally, I think she's amazing!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.