Turn on thread page Beta

Am I wrong in feeling smug at the bullies who made my life hell at school…… watch

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    No, it's natural.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fawn)
    Wow, so having a job now makes one beneath you?

You go Snorlax, you go!
    Tesco actually aint paid that badly paid im on 6.75 ph and there are a lot of benefits as TerryLeHe has his fingers in a lot of pies such as discounted holidays with virgin, discounted skyTV, 10% discount at tesco (adds up if your buying things like TV/Computer etc...)

Ive been working at tesco for the last 6 months or so to try and build up some money for uni £700 a month and not even full time isn't really much to sniff at. Im also a share holder now which means in my final year at uni i can sell them all off tax free and give myself a nice little extra bit of cash perhaps thats what they are doing?

ReputationRep:
    tbh you let them make your life hell. thats still kinda a fail, no matter how much more money you make than them

ReputationRep:
    A lot of sad people with chips on their shoulders in this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    The fact they work at Tesco in Great Yarmouth and probably will do for the rest of their miserable lives makes me feel happy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude
    How do you know they're not on a gap year?

At least get effective revenge if you're going to go down that route.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadie-kiki)
    tbh a person who works in tesco (ie has failed) and who bullied someone is most definitely 'beneath' someone who is studying for a degree.
    What a load of elitist ********.

ReputationRep:
    Working at Tesco or McDonalds doesn't make their life worthless. At least they work, try hard and do something for their life. Not everyone is academic you know.
    Studying university doesn't make you better than other people. In fact, you haven't entered the 'real world' yet, so shut up.

edit: do you always laugh and look down your nose to people working a low paid job? then yes, i think you should know why you got bullied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Timer)
    Wow, I hope this isn't how all of TSR feel and this is just a group of resentful snobs that are replying to this thread. I don't know, as fortunately I was never bullied and was never a bully.

But how can people assume someone's life is miserable and worthless just because of their facebook profile or they work in tesco? They probably have dreams and aspirations too you know. By working in a low paid job they may be saving money to make something happen.

Oh and just because you are at university doesn't mean you have proven anything yet. You don't work or pay taxes and you are not in the real world yet so stop thinking you are above people who choose another route to take in life. I was the opposite at uni and didn't like the student status, so much so that I started my own business while I was their and it's still going today.

I am a lad and don't plan to have kids for ALONG time but I'm sure these "miserable" people from school who have kids are in fact having the best time of their lives with their children.
    Completely agree with this. The fact is that so many people go to university these days it isn't the massive achievement TSR seems to believe it is, and chances are many of these people will realise when they graduate that a degree doesn't guarantee you a job with a 6 figure salary, and it certainly doesn't make you better than someone without a degree.

You felt as if you've acheived something...That's a good thing :top:

Unlike me :bawling:

And if I ever saw the guy who tried to bully me in Year 2, i'm going to **** him up :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by someonenowhere)
    I am now at my final year in university with a future ahead of me (something which I never thought was possible during my school years). I can’t help feeling self- satisfied that I have made something of my life, whereas these people who made my life hell- are now either stuck in low- paid jobs/unemployed (living off benefits), or single with a flock of children

.…… am I just as bad as them?
    Not at all,infact i made the guy who bullied me (and he did do a very good job at it) suffer in a way that he will never ever forget.

He was drinking and smoking in school i took a snap.Since he had a bad school record i "Anonymously" sent those pictures to the director of the school and the ministry of education.He got expelled from school, never ever went to another school since he was banned by the ministry and i for one am extremely proud of i did.

ReputationRep:
    Nuh I feel the same. Saw someone who bullied me sitting outside the job centre in a ripped tracksuit and a smashed in face. Just sort of smiled to myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadie-kiki)
    tbh a person who works in tesco (ie has failed) and who bullied someone is most definitely 'beneath' someone who is studying for a degree.
    .... So by your reasoning, if I've been working in Tesco through college and a gap year to save up for uni, does that mean I've failed?

People are equal and people have choices. Society can't function without people doing unpleasant jobs, or in your view that's beneath you.

ReputationRep:
    You could say it's Karma

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asha1991)
    That's definitely not wrong You're allowed to be smug after how they treated you... everyone gets what they deserve in the end!
    Doubtful. A guy who was a real *** at school is now at university well on his way to a first. Justice I guess...

ReputationRep:
    No, you're the man!

ReputationRep:
    Well done!

Even better when you look at their facebook pictures and think "fook - they got faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    You could say it's Karma
    Karma doesn't exist. Good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people. You can't label coincidence as karma.

ReputationRep:
    It might be a bit petty (I mean the bullies probably had problems themselves) but then again, I can't expect somebody who has been bullied to feel sorry for his bullies.

So no, feel smug all you like lol. We all have autonomy and therefore responsibilities for our actions - if theirs led to a fleet of kids and benefits then so be it.

ReputationRep:
    You go glen co co
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    i think that the original poster probably still lives at home when they are not at uni and live off of their student loan with no other source of income except 'mummy' and 'daddy' wait til your in the real world when you live on your own and you have to work to pay your rent and bills. I don't live at home and got my job at tesco to keep my flat and im proud of that unlike certain people from school who still live with their parents and complain they have no money.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.