Turn on thread page Beta

Am I wrong in feeling smug at the bullies who made my life hell at school…… watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    Karma doesn't exist. Good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people. You can't label coincidence as karma.
    You can't really label it as a coincidence either. In general, if you spend most of your time at school bullying people, chances are you're not going to well academically, which leads to a low paid job. They brought it upon themselves.

ReputationRep:
    I'm exactly the same.
    I see some of them people now and think HA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HA

ReputationRep:
    There was this girl who used to bully me, I found out about a year ago she has a baby and is working in a cotton shop:sigh:. I laughed and I enjoyed it:yes:.
    The other people who were always mean to me were the low life kind of bunch anyways so they were destined to fail at life. I love it when I see someone that was horrible and they've gotten all fat and ugly while I look pretty much the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jrumsey)
    i think that the original poster probably still lives at home when they are not at uni and live off of their student loan with no other source of income except 'mummy' and 'daddy' wait til your in the real world when you live on your own and you have to work to pay your rent and bills. I don't live at home and got my job at tesco to keep my flat and im proud of that unlike certain people from school who still live with their parents and complain they have no money.
    Yes, I do live with my 'mummy and daddy' (two people whom I love more than anything)...it is called supporting your family! If they are happy to support me, what's wrong with that,..... just like there is nothing wrong with the way you are living.

oh and I also do 'live in the real world' but I don't know what planet you live on ..clearly not planet earth!

ReputationRep:
    Of course not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    The fact they work at Tesco in Great Yarmouth and probably will do for the rest of their miserable lives makes me feel happy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude
    If you enjoyed that imagine how much fun it would be watching them die in pain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andy12691)
    Working at Tesco or McDonalds doesn't make their life worthless. At least they work, try hard and do something for their life. Not everyone is academic you know.
    Studying university doesn't make you better than other people. In fact, you haven't entered the 'real world' yet, so shut up.

edit: do you always laugh and look down your nose to people working a low paid job? then yes, i think you should know why you got bullied.
    Well, people who work low-paid, low-class n-word jobs are inferior.

Most people working in KFC are n-words, who would never amount to anything in life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by someonenowhere)
    I am now at my final year in university with a future ahead of me (something which I never thought was possible during my school years). I can’t help feeling self- satisfied that I have made something of my life, whereas these people who made my life hell- are now either stuck in low- paid jobs/unemployed (living off benefits), or single with a flock of children

.…… am I just as bad as them?

EDIT: For those assuming I am a 'snob' towards all people who live on benefits/single/unemployed ...No I am not, my 'smugness' is directed at those particular group of 'bullies' who are now unemployed/living off benefits! ...However, if they are happy being unemployed/single/living off benefits...so be it! ...

Thank you guys for your positive responses...If I could, I would rep each and everyone of you...unfortunately, that is not possible, so I give you all my love and best wishes.
    them being successsful or not doesnt change the grief they caused you... so being happy in their downfall is hardly worthwhile... personally i dont really feel the need in inflicting or looking for revnge so to speak in anyone who has harmed me in prior life but just concentrate on my own life...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous.)
    I think it makes you somewhat happy but sad.
    I would never want anything bad to happen to anyone without any given valid reason.
    I was heavily bullied throughout my school and life - they made my life hell at school it got to a point where they threatened to kill me and they did beat me up at one point it was horrible!

However it would be great if these bullies realise what they are doing is wrong and I hope whatever their career or chosen field is they have learnt that bullying is not the right way to get things.

But yeah I see where you are comming from to an extent I feel guilty having those feelings :-/
    Why? There clearly is a hierarchy in life.

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe I was ever bullied, so I can't say any thing on the subject of bullies.
    However... I would like to see how the school idiots turn out, simply so I can laugh at them and shower them with " I TOLD YOU" sos'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avantledeluge)
    I don't think anyone's 'beneath' anyone in the grand scheme of things. Maybe they are in a socioeconomic sense and whatever but come onnnn, low-paid jobs don't mean you've failed.

I've worked some mind destroyingly rubbish jobs to help fund for uni, doesn't mean at any point any of you were 'above' me in any real way.

But saying all that, I bet it feels quite good if they were really bad to you...
    If all one ever does in their life is a low paid job, then they're lesser.

ReputationRep:
    I've always like the idea of karma, especially where bullies are concered but I don't really rejoyce over other peoples misfortunes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smeh)
    Just say ***** 'n-word' makes you look like the pussy you are.
    Funnily enough I am black and work at a supermarket...And i'm saving up to go to Imperial College next year to study mechanical engineering.
    Yeah I don't think i'll amount to anything though :emo:
    I mean n-word as in low-class, poor, good-for-nothing. Not as in black people.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say there's nothing wrong with feeling smug, but sooner or later you really have to let these things go. I bumped into a guy from high school who I hadn't seen for 4 or 5 years, within a few minutes he was ranting about how terrible the school was and how he was bullied. It seemed he had a MASSIVE chip in his shoulder that was certainly not doing him any good. Holding grudges years after school has ended isn't a healthy thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    If all one ever does in their life is a low paid job, then they're lesser.
    Perspectiveless...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    I mean n-word as in low-class, poor, good-for-nothing. Not as in black people.
    Meh fair enough
    But still I know plenty of people where I work who aren't going to uni who are hardly lower class people.
    What's the point in going to study a subject they don't enjoy just because everyone else is, and come out with a crap degree class and waste £20,000 when they're just gonna end up working in a supermarket anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Most people who work in supermarkets are low-class people, who are n-words and chavs. At least the people who work there full-time. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo-knee)
    I don't believe I was ever bullied, so I can't say any thing on the subject of bullies.
    However... I would like to see how the school idiots turn out, simply so I can laugh at them and shower them with " I TOLD YOU" sos'.
    Who do you define as a school idiot? Someone who does not do well academically? They still may be good people even if they're not smart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avantledeluge)
    Perspectiveless...
    Please spare me this pseudo-spiritualist nonsense. People only say that for the sake of it, as with most things in life.

Hierarchy exists, it's a fact of life.

ReputationRep:
    No it's not wrong, but you should have a little compassion i suppose for those less fortunate.

I was really badly bullied throughout school, and most of the people are either on the dole and have kids, so I do feel a little smug.

I don't know whether being bullied has made me into a better person, but it has made into a much stronger person.

I don't feel like i'm 'better' than them but I just feel as though they've got what the deserved in the end, because at the end of the day it doesn't how popular you are in school as it doesn't matter in the real world.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2010
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.