Turn on thread page Beta

guy psychology watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hes like 18. I'd like a serious relationship but i can't say i've ever gone out with someone intent on a serious relationship before. I'm only 17. At 18 do guys even want serious relationships.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    Thats true...but if you consider that amlea is 17, i would assume the guy is of a similar age, so it is unlikely he would be looking to settle down just yet...
    Maybe he is too young to settle down. But i think its cute hes doing it the right way instead of saying do u wanna shag me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amlea)
    Hes like 18. I'd like a serious relationship but i can't say i've ever gone out with someone intent on a serious relationship before. I'm only 17. At 18 do guys even want serious relationships.

There mind set definately does change, they feel more adult being able to drink and stuff. I find alot of guys wake up to the world at 18 and become very mature very quick.

ReputationRep:
    i mean its a first for me..."relationship"...that sounds big.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amlea)
    i mean its a first for me..."relationship"...that sounds big.
    Its just a word, its nothing big. It can be as serious as you want, your not comfy with taking things at his pace you can slow it down. All relationships are is love and compremise, its just doing things in a more adult way.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh that was the first thing that first struck me when we first spoke. He didn't sound immature or like he wanted to play a game. He treated me like an equal not just like a "female" if you get what i mean.

ReputationRep:
    i think you just proved my point he sounds like a great guy, his head is definately screwed on, normally a good sign

ReputationRep:
    Personally all i care for is "relationships" - maybe thats just my personal ideologies, but i dont feel comfortable with doing it just for fun - but i do find that i am a little away from the status quo in this respect.
    Just because he didn't directly ask for a shag, because he asked if you wanted a relationship, he could be asking the same question but from a perspective where if he gets the answer he doesn't want he wouldn't lose face.
    But still...enough of me being a cynic - go talk to him properly, face to face and find out.

ReputationRep:
    I think he wants to know if you like him enough to try a serious relationship as opposed to say like the sort of relationship where you go out with him for a week and then end it with a text message. I'd say he's not interested in going out with someone who just wants to 'mess around', but would like a steady relationship.

ReputationRep:
    i will...thank guys. I feel so silly. I' ve only just realised how immature i really am when it comes to guys. Then again i'm only 17 so i've kinda got an excuse. Its just most people just "get it" and boys baffle me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amlea)
    i will...thank guys. I feel so silly. I' ve only just realised how immature i really am when it comes to guys. Then again i'm only 17 so i've kinda got an excuse. Its just most people just "get it" and boys baffle me!
    don't worry... that's totally normal, you don't want to know what I used to be like... I did the most stupidest things and acted so immature, that even now that I don't have anything to do with the people involved then, when I think about it all, I'd just like the earth to open up and swallow me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amlea)
    Uhm , you are only 1 year appart do you have any reason to think he should be any less serious about it than you are ? In case it helps I can tell you that I am still with the girl I started dating when I was 18 and I love her.

My suggestion is you simply tell him that you like him and that you are looking for a serious relationship rather than some short casual thing and ask him if that is what he wants as well. Ask him out to somehwere you can talk and have a chat with him. Noone here can tell you what he really wants better than he can himself. If you really like him you will just have to trust him to be honest with you. Dunno if thsi helps a whole lot but theres really not much more to it. Guys are just as different from one another as girls are, there is no general way to know what he wants without asking him.

ReputationRep:
    i messed my first serious bf, i didnt know what i wanted.. i guess i didnt til i turned 20. Its all about becoming an adult and growing up, you learn as you go along.

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah i texted him back saying yeah to the relationship thing and we've arranged a date to the cinema on thursday. anyway he txted back asking whats the "most i've ever done with a guy". The truth is i haven't done a lot and i don't want to sound like a loser. HELP!

ReputationRep:
    I really wouldnt worry too much about what you have and havnt done. Guys are pretty understanding especially if you have a good reason for not getting to 4th base. Your not much past being legal anyway, just take it at a pace you feel is right and he will follow your lead and give encouragement along the way. Its how its worked for me in the past.

ReputationRep:
    How can i explain it without sounding stupid...

ReputationRep:
    Help Me Please...someone

Anyone

ReputationRep:
    Ummm, i normally say and i still do that i aint found i guy i feel comfortable/enough about to have sex with. If you say this is your first proper serious relationship im sure he will get where your coming from.

Guys normally test the water to see where the land lays, kissing you (neck and lips mostly) and then putting hands in "new" places, rest his hand on your knee/lap or belly and gradually moving it to see how you react.

Im sure you have nothing to worry about, guys are pretty understanding especially if their crazy about you. He certainly seems it, very persistant this one is

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the advice...i am such a FREAK...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amlea)
    thanks for the advice...i am such a FREAK...
    nah your not, your worrying about something which isnt a too bigger issue, i know it seems like it now. But things have a way of working themselves out, especially when your caught in the moment. Id say alot of us girls have been in a simular situation to yourself.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.