Turn on thread page Beta

guy psychology watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    yeah well i guess if he really wants me he'll understand...i would never dream of asking a guy something like that. It just seems like a lot of pressure y'know.

ReputationRep:
    guys do you find inexperienced girls a turn off?

ReputationRep:
    Not particularly - it depends if you define inexperienced interchangeably with ridiculously nervous though - otherwise if its romantic he will take it slow anyway, so why worry!

ReputationRep:
    If you don't want to answer the question now - just put him off in a jokey way "get to know me a bit better and maybe you'll find out" kind of thing. treat him like you would expect to be talked to. Its not hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    Wow that's a very pertinent comment but I think that applies to girls too. Sometimes we flirt/seduce just because we want to know that someone fancies us. Whether we'll do something about it is another matter.
    have to say i agree with this quote 100%, every guy does it, bloody damn annoying if u actually like the girl who admits to liking the guy flirting with her tho.

ReputationRep:
    amlea, you really should stop stressing about this so much. you're only 17, you aren't about to marry the guy. if you like him, then agree to be in a relationship with him - it's not like there are rules and codes you have to adhere to, just go with it: it can be as serious or as casual as you want it to be. and if it turns out that you don't want to be in a relationship with him, then you can break up, because that's the normal way of these things. as for what he means when he texts you, have you have ever considered asking him what he means? people on a forum can only speculate, whereas he probably has a pretty accurate idea of how he feels. i know you're 17 and inexperienced etc, but you aren't the only one. i'm 18 and i've only been in one relationship in my life (which only lasted 3 months and wasn't very serious - on my part anyway), so i can vouch for those other inexperienced people. it's just part of being the age you are - i think you're in danger of making a mountain out of a molehill here.

sorry if any of that sounds harsh, it's not meant to, i'm just trying to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    men are often straight forward and prefer things to be simple and clear and to the point.

women take note...we'll not respond to your efforts to make us feel bad by sulking and such like. you'll just piss yourself off more when we dont give a turd. got a problem? say it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    men are often straight forward and prefer things to be simple and clear and to the point.
    Well I knwo I for one does not mind a long nice conversation to go with that :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amlea)
    How can i explain it without sounding stupid...
    If I were you I woudl answer "Would it make a difference?". He can't really answer yes to that so whenhe sais it won't you shoudl easily be able to dodge the question.

ReputationRep:
    1st date at a cinema? Ehhhhhh..no! Go somewhere where you can talk, a cinema isn't one of those places, you don't want to sit in silence for 2 hours on a 1st unless you're gonna fool around :P heh just kiddin', but IMO cinema = bad idea

Also why is he asking all these "akward" questions in txt messages? And yes these are akward questions, he sounds decent and got his head straight but these are things you really should ask face to face or at most in a call. Txt msg's can be interpreted in many ways, leading to confusion, as what happened. Amlea I wouldn't worry too much about what he means, just joke it off in a text or you could call and talk about it.

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    I know i made a mountain out of a molehill and i'm sorry. It was just a neat of the moment panic thing y'know.

ReputationRep:
    heat...i can't type *V embarassed*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amlea)
    OK if a guy asks whether you "like" him in a txt is it as straightforward as it seems?
    not necessarily, he might just be bigging his ego up :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Hey...i can't believe this thread is still going...no more posts please people!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.