Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i've been on this acne drug for 2 weeks now and i havn't really noticed much of a difference.

i just want to know whether anyone else has been on this drug, and how they found it in terms of clearing up their acne, and how long the drug took to kick in.

thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Stick with it, it takes longer than 2 weeks before you notice any difference.

Most improvement occurs within 6 weeks, usually.

ReputationRep:
    After a couple of months of this & some benzoyl peroxide gel I applied each evening my acne had really faded. (I did have pretty severe acne and this stuff did the trick)

Though now im still on it after 4 or 5 months and much hasnt changed so it wears off after a while of using it I'd say but has ultimately really improved my acne

ReputationRep:
    Very good stuff but the cream that I got with it is even better.

Usual treatment is at least 6 months with antibiotics, sometimes longer. I was battling acne between the ages of 12 and 18, and its only recently gone with the help of Dianette (but if you're male that won't help you at all)

I also agree with CD005. Get some Benzoyl peroxide gel (mainly called Panoxyl or Qunoric) from a pharmacy (its kept in the dispensary so you need to ask for it) I've been using it for years, Its brilliant.

I know I'm not in the best position to give advice as I haven't done an interact course, but if you have dry skin, I'd recommend the cream. Otherwise ask for the aquagel or acnegel, and I'd start with the 5% w/w one. Its usually around £3 (but it might be difficult to get the aquagel at alliance pharmacies atm, I noticed there was a manufacturer problem on that this morning)

ReputationRep:
    I was on oxytetracycline for 2 years. It cleared most of my acne up for around 6 months but i continued to get flare ups. It may work perfectly for you however If not, ask your GP to refer you to the dermatologist and they will consider prescribing you with a drug called Roaccutane for more severe acne. I was on this drug for 6 months and it completely got rid of my spots and even made my pores smaller! Stick with the oxytetracycline for now, i would give it 6 months.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.