Turn on thread page Beta

Opinion-the Matrix watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I saw the matrix yesterday, now dont let that lower your opinion of me. In truth i had no choice. I had hoped to see the three kings, but damn it it (ive been trying to do that in a sentence for ages) was booked out. With the only other chioce being brother bear we chose the matrix by default. well what a big load of quasi philosophical shite. And thats it - its not even worth mentioning the ending, you know where Ted of "Bill and Ted" aka pretty boy, makes a deal with the machines and saves Zion. And of course you see the architect, who looks like the guy from airwolf, minus the eye patch leaving the way open for a fourth in the installment. All i can say is that, bearing in mind i cant f******* swear, is that those execs who saw the orogional and decided to turn it into a big load of "expletitive" **** can stick the dvd, and the lifesize cutout of keanu up "gesticulation" their "expletitive" asses.

ReputationRep:
    Wow

The definitive opinion from bbbb, I guess. You know what? I almost felt sorry for you after the "I hate Christmas" thread.

I'd call Buffy the Vampire Slayer "quasi-philosophical" (you can tell its just another American action series trying to attract more intelligent people too by having philosophical stuff in), but not the Matrix. It's a genuine possibility.

ReputationRep:
    same here i could necer bag the Matrix, it's an intersting concept, and a very good story line if you take the time to look for the actual meaning behind the film.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snow_white)
    same here i could necer bag the Matrix, it's an intersting concept, and a very good story line if you take the time to look for the actual meaning behind the film.
    It is indeed. But maybe the reality is a toned down version of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    It is indeed. But maybe the reality is a toned down version of it.
    And maybe with no means of leaving it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    Wow

The definitive opinion from bbbb, I guess. You know what? I almost felt sorry for you after the "I hate Christmas" thread.

I'd call Buffy the Vampire Slayer "quasi-philosophical" (you can tell its just another American action series trying to attract more intelligent people too by having philosophical stuff in), but not the Matrix. It's a genuine possibility.
    i luv the matrix.....AWESOME

ReputationRep:
    the first film: superb

second: okish, i liked it but when i get round to seeing the 3rd i'll probably appreciate it more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absolution)
    the first film: superb

second: okish, i liked it but when i get round to seeing the 3rd i'll probably appreciate it more.
    ive only seen the second

ReputationRep:
    I reckon the first one was brilliant and made cinematograhic history.

However, the second and the third were disappointments. They tried to pump as much money as possible out of a brilliant idea. By doing so, they destroyed the brilliance of it all. Sad really, but that's the way it is...

ReputationRep:
    I leave the matrix when I log of UKL

ReputationRep:
    matrix

loada shite!! waste of money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zizero)
    I reckon the first one was brilliant and made cinematograhic history.
    Well of course! There was bullet time for a start. And the whole concept was thrown into people's minds and made us wonder if we really were living in the Matrix.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    Well of course! There was bullet time for a start. And the whole concept was thrown into people's minds and made us wonder if we really were living in the Matrix.
    Correct, even computer games now have a form of bullet time incorporated into it

ReputationRep:
    MAX PAYNE

woo-wooooooooooooooooo!

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.