Turn on thread page Beta

Liquor stores and food stores near the O2 Arena? watch

ReputationRep:
    I dont know if this is the right place to ask this question?

Im going to London im march and will be living near canningtown with the O2 arena on the other side of the river. I will be in the need for some liquor and Since I don't know which stores to buy alcohol in london i must ask somewhere and i hope someone could help me out

I would like a store with a good selection of liquor and beer.

And also if someone could tell me where to get some cheap, good and hopefully healthy food in the same area you will make me very happy

ReputationRep:
    Hop on any bus from the o2, and stay on it for about 5stops and you will get to a sainsburys. I'm not sure if that's the closest from Canning Town, but it's certainly the nearest and cheapest from the o2.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the help
    I hope there is something closer to canningtown, but taking the bus from the o2 wouldnt hurt i guess :P. never been in the uk before But if i can get from the airport to canningtown then i should find this shop too

ReputationRep:
    There probably is! Why don't you do a google search or something! Travelling all that way with your weekly shop isn't going to be fun!!!! Otherwise, just ask the driver to let you off at 'Greenwich Perninsular Sainsburys'. 3 stops down and there's an Asda too! Good Luck in London

ReputationRep:
    you sound like an alcoholic?

ReputationRep:
    If you're on the other side of the river, why do you want stores near O2? There must be some nearer than all the way over the river.

ReputationRep:
    there are like a gazillion shops you'll find one when you are there in no time

ReputationRep:
    There are plenty of shops in and around Canning Town - when you get there just jump on a bus/take a walk around.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everybody

The reason why Ive asked for a shop near the O2 arena is that the O2 is a part of my destination for my visit to London. And i will be in a litte hurry when i arrive so it would have been nice to find a store pretty fast So when i can get what i need in canning town im very pleased

Since im not from the uk I dont know which stores they are selling liquor in. But Ive understood that they sell liquor in regular food shops?
    That is not the practice in my country, where they sell liquor in own separate stores So this is why i need som information.

I do not consider myself as an alcoholic, but i do enjoy my scotch in the weekends

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.