Turn on thread page Beta

Possible that a girl forgets about Valentines Day? watch

I've been meeting this girl on a regular basis for two months now. We usually met weekly and spent several hours together. In the beginning it was considered dating and for me it still is. And I made this clear by my actions. She apparently wants to take things quite slow which is ok for me but I started to question her interest in me being more than a friend recently.

However, this week we wanted to have dinner and go to the cinema. So far we've met on Saturdays only. This time she insisted quite harshly on meeting on Sunday (I'm quite busy with sportive activities on Sundays, she knows that well). I accepted and will join her on Sunday, after all, I have a high interest in her. The question that I've been asking myself during the night is... does she just want to see me and is busy on Saturday or is she well aware of the fact that Sunday is Valentines Day and might want to start to open up a bit more?

I couldn't care less what day it is, but girls with all these romantic thoughts and needs...

ReputationRep:
    You'll find out tomorrow!
    Im sure she is well aware of tomorrow being Valentines.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't care about tomorrow. Daily life goes on for me hence why I'm meeting the guy I'm seeing today.
    However in your case it could be that she wants to take things further and might be expecting things? Has she not given a reason for it?

ReputationRep:
    Why dont you buy her a rose? A singular one is always romantic and not as gushy as a whole bouquet.
    If she asks why, say it's valentines day - you couldn't get her nothing at all after how close you are. And if she smiles all flustered and thankful, it may be the perfect opportunity to talk at dinner about maybe being more than friends...
    Wish you the best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    probably not but i forgot mine and my bfs 6 months anniversary...he didnt lol x

She said she had work to do over the weekend. She could have done it tomorrow, too. So it seems she's onto something here. Fortunately she's not Chinese, else this should have definitely meant something. Oh, wait... don't I want it to mean something? Yes, I do! I look forward to meeting her

ReputationRep:
    Of course it's possible. I doubt anyone here can give a definate answer in your case.

Does sound like some underline hinting is going on though.

ReputationRep:
    Socially retarded OP.

Jesus, of course she knows what day it is. She might be busy, but then who knows. Who cares for gods sake, go along and see what happens. Stop worrying. God help you if she does want to take it further, shall I provide a map and instruction manual?!

ReputationRep:
    Awwwh I doubt she's forgotten Valentine's Day, especially if she insists on meeting you then. Personally if I was seeing a guy and taking it slowly, I'd avoid meeting up on Valentines at all costs.
    Are you getting her a card or anything for it ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abby Rose)
    Why dont you buy her a rose? A singular one is always romantic and not as gushy as a whole bouquet.
    If she asks why, say it's valentines day - you couldn't get her nothing at all after how close you are. And if she smiles all flustered and thankful, it may be the perfect opportunity to talk at dinner about maybe being more than friends...
    Wish you the best of luck!
    This is a good idea

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.