Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    m really confused whether to get admission in acca or b.a hons accounting and finance as after doing acca i can get b.a hons deg by oxfordbrookes university...but my question by doing acca MBA is of three yrs and IS BY DOING B.A (HONS) ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE, MBA IS OF THREE YRS OR JUST 1 YR?? PLZ ADVICE ME OR GUIDE ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AS ADMISSIONS COMING SOON NOW

ReputationRep:
    A degree isn't as important as it used to be - a number of people go straight onto ACCA and straight into the world of work

However Oxford Brookes isn't a very highly ranked university - if you can get into a better one and would like to have a degree then it may be worth going for a BA/BSc

I don't think an undergraduate degree changes the time need for doing an MBA you would need to check with the relevant institution though

ReputationRep:
    what do you mean acca MBA? the rest of the sentence confuses me

ReputationRep:
    I think she is asking if the duration of an MBA course would be reduced if you have done ACCA/BA Acc/Fin

ReputationRep:
    ya exactly that AFTER DOING B.A the time duration for MBA IS REDUCED OR NOT as after doing ACCA if i want to do MBA the time duration is 3 yrs...ALSO COULD PLX GUIDE WETHER ACCA IS MORE VALUED NOWADAYS OR HAVING A DEGREE IS MORE PREFERRABLE M REALLY CONFUSED TOO PLZ GUIDE ME...AS M GOING TO MALAYSIA FOR STUDIES NEXT WEEK SO REALLY WANT SOME HELP FROM U GUYS

ReputationRep:
    or just guide me as currently m doing CAT(certified accounting technician)..so wht shud i do for futher studies lyk which certificate or degree has more scope nowadays...plx plx help me

ReputationRep:
    We can't tell you if MBA time will be reduced - you will need to check with the relevant institution that you plan to do MBA with

As you are doing CAT, continuing onto ACCA would be a good idea - unless for some reason you specifically want to have a degree

ReputationRep:
    okhay thanks alot

ReputationRep:
    The BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting degree is a joint degree programme offered in conjunction with ACCA.

Once students have completed Papers F1-F9 and the ACCA Professional Ethics Module, they become eligible to submit a Research and Analysis Project to Oxford Brookes University. Providing this project is successful, they are then awarded the BSc degree.

As it is a partnership programme, the degree is made up of the Fundamental Exams, as well as the Research and Analysis Project. The degree aims to enhance and extend knowledge and skills gained by ACCA students in their ACCA studies and so to improve student’s effectiveness as professional accountancy students and/or practitioners.

Students after obtaining the BSc in Applied Accounting can go on (subject to conditions) to undertake the Global MBA.

([email protected])

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.