Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Recommend me some alcoholic beverages to try :) watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been alternating between drinking pear/fruit cider and vodka and coke/orange juice (with the odd shot of gin/schnapps/whatever when my mates have some) for the past.. ages and I'm getting a bit bored.
    I don't drink beer anymore due to being gluten intolerant (that rules out whiskey and other stuff made w/ grains) What do you usually drink? I want to try some new things.

ReputationRep:
    malibu and pineapple, tastes like summer! <3

ReputationRep:
    buckfast.

ReputationRep:
    Jaegerbomb.

/thread

ReputationRep:
    methanol, all the way

ReputationRep:
    Make sangria.

Ingredients:
    1) Some citrus fruit (okay, orange slices, maybe some apple, lemon... whatever really)
    2) Fizzy Lemonade (or 7UP or Sprite or something)
    3) Red wine

Kk, Pour red wine into a container/jug/bowl/sauce pan/anything
    Add fruity bits
    Add lemonade. Obviously not the whole bottle though, I don't know the ratio. Probably 1 part lemonade to 2 part wine or something thereabouts.

Amazing drink.

Or Rum and (good) apple juice. O.M.G. :coma: Me and my best friend would get slaughtered on that all the time.

ReputationRep:
    UltraMegaJaegaBomb

ReputationRep:
    Got to be Poteen.

ReputationRep:
    Disaronno and coke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onychophagia)
    Disaronno and coke.
    this.

taste like dr pepper, and i dont even like dr pepper

ReputationRep:
    I tried vodka martini the other night, it was damn good. All you need is vodka and vermouth. And you get to pretend you're James Bond...

ReputationRep:
    Liver cirrhosis. :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hunty91)
    Got to be Poteen.
    Do you want the OP to die???!?!?!?!

I've tried it once when I was in Ireland at a friend's farm.

Never again

:no:

+1 for jaegerbombs if whisky is out of the question.

I'm a big fan of G&T, but so many places in london just how no clue how to make a decent one. Plus most don't stock any really nice gins :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    I tried vodka martini the other night, it was damn good. All you need is vodka and vermouth. And you get to pretend you're James Bond...

Euuuurgggh - Martinis NEED to be gin. And Bombay Sapphire, Hendricks or Tanqueray 10 at that...

ReputationRep:
    If you can find Strawberry Vodka, its nice with grapefruit juice (which is equally hard to find in a pub although most supermarkets would sell it).
    Malibu and Pomegranate is good too, but get the good stuff, a cheap fake Malibu and pomegranate is horrible.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    This
    http://www.brewdog.com/tactical_nuclear_penguin.php
    32%!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by captainobviousahoy)
    This
    http://www.brewdog.com/tactical_nuclear_penguin.php
    32%!
    I got some of that from a mate for my b-day, it tastes like old socks with cheap vodka, but it does a good job of getting you drunk hehe

ReputationRep:
    right now i have ouzo and apple purely because that was all i could find, tbh you cant really taste the ouzo.
    weve also tried ouzo and cider which is apparently nice (i havent tried it not liking cider )
    basically ouzo and whatever drink you happen to have in your hand

ReputationRep:
    Wray and Nephews or absinth. Straight. You are a baller for life if you survive a shot of either :yikes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.