Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So last night I drank half a bottle of wine, and about 3/4 of a bottle of Black Lable Vodka (50%) straight, and I feel awful now =(

Anyone know a cure?

ReputationRep:
    I am also interested in this, though I usually swear by a fried egg, Alka-Seltzer and lots of water. And more alcohol, obviously.

ReputationRep:
    I hear cyanide is pretty effective at pain relief...

ReputationRep:
    a few of my friends swear by eating bananas, never tried it myself but i guess they are high in minerals!

ReputationRep:
    Valium (seriously) or start drinking alcohol again to cure a hangover

But guessing you don't have any valium and don't want to drink again... Paracetamol, and a big fat dripping fry up. Vitamin C helps as well. Drink lots of water the night before, after you finish drinking to help prevent a hangover as well

ReputationRep:
    Either lots of cold water, or don't drink so much.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Something with water and sugar in it - seeing as you feel so bad because you're low on water and sugars.
    Lemonade/lucozade/cola ought to do the trick.

I've not heard about bananas before, but I guess it's worth a try if you can stomach it.

ReputationRep:
    My mum swears by this:

Not drinking so much.

You're dehydrated, so you need to go hydrate yourself.

ReputationRep:
    If you drink more alcohol it stops the hangover, but only really postpones it.

Just drink loads of water and have a fatty breakfast. Drink 2 glasses of water before you sleep also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OceanInTheSky)
    Either lots of cold water, or don't drink so much.

High Five!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tangerine Dream)
    Valium (seriously) or start drinking alcohol again to cure a hangover

But guessing you don't have any valium and don't want to drink again... Paracetamol, and a big fat dripping fry up. Vitamin C helps as well. Drink lots of water the night before, after you finish drinking to help prevent a hangover as well
    This, you only get a hangover if you stop drinking or valium chills out you completely.

ReputationRep:
    time!! only thing that works for me

ReputationRep:
    Lucoazde and Pro Plus
    then if you can face it, Sausage, fried egg and bacon sandwich.

ReputationRep:
    I always down 2 litres of water before i go to bed, and it ALWAYS prevents a hangover

Only problem is that you will have to get out of bed about 5 times to take a piss

ReputationRep:
    When I get a hangover, I eat a fry up and go back to bed for the day. It does it for me. I have heard milky coffee is suppose to be good for a nhangover, but since I can't stand coffee or milk, I haven't tried it lol. My friend drinks about 3-4 glasses of milk to help her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt10101)
    I always down 2 litres of water before i go to bed, and it ALWAYS prevents a hangover

Only problem is that you will have to get out of bed about 5 times to take a piss
    THIS

I do this every time I've been drinking and I've never had anything worse than a slightly dodgy stomach, which I cure with buttered toast, coffee and going for a giant dump

ReputationRep:
    I know a preventative, not that it'll do you much good now, but it also has a 'morning after' part, so that might help you still.

2 Hours before you go drinking - Take 3-4 Multivits (or even better, Vitamin B6 + 12 tablets since the RDA is something ridiculous) and drink at least 2 pints of water. If you know you're going drinking at the weekend, take two a day before hand.

Sounds nasty, but if you drink so much you feel like you're going to be sick, then do it. The less Ethanol in your system that converts itself to Ethanal during the night, the better.

Wake up during the night and take 2-3g's worth of Cysteine. If you don't have it in tablet form, wait till morning and have a couple of fried eggs. Whenever you wake up, drink at least a pint of water.

Finally, if you still feel like total ****, I've had some luck with activated Charcoal tablets. I've personally never had a 'hangover' hangover, but my ex and my family all get terrible ones, so I recommended that to them. It seems to at least take the edge off, and it worked so well with my ex that she felt comfortable drinking from Wednesday onwards, so maybe not such a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    Water. Prevention is the best cure.

ReputationRep:
    Either don't drink so much or drink lots of water.

I've also heard good things about green tea?

Anyway the last hellish hangover I had, I just smoked some cannabis and the bad feelings instantly went away. It was very nice. Then I ate some food and had some water forgot that I was hungover at all!

That was a good while ago now though!..

ReputationRep:
    IV drip

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.