Turn on thread page Beta

Student Finance application - In Paper/Online? watch

ReputationRep:
    Well i am just about to apply for second year Funding from student finance. I did my previous application online and the turn out was quite a hassle (with documents not recieved, etc). So i was wondering, which of the two is best recommended way of applying : - Paper application or Online application?
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    I've done mine. This year the paper application in support ie parents is a lot simpler, no evidence required to be sent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    I've done mine. This year the paper application in support ie parents is a lot simpler, no evidence required to be sent.
    So what you mean is - If i do the application on paper, i dont have to send additional (evidence based) application from parents?

ReputationRep:
    I did mine on paper last year and had no trouble thank goodness.

I'm going paper all the way

ReputationRep:
    online was so easy for me. i got it approved in 2-3 weeks. this was after resutls day in august when apparently they were doing june's applications. everyone was shocked when mine got approved. i didnt have to send anything in.

ReputationRep:
    last year I started mine offline it kept freezing and saying wait 24 hours before restarting gave up and did the paper had no hassle so will be using it again this year .

ReputationRep:
    Generally having done both, the online is certainly quicker, easier and safer (as in they can't 'lose' your application) IF you are pretty standard and have no special requirements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memenme_1)
    So what you mean is - If i do the application on paper, i dont have to send additional (evidence based) application from parents?
    No I mean your parents need to fill in a paper form each but they don't need to send P60s in. This of course only applies to 2nd and 3rd year funding.

ReputationRep:
    Another question regarding student finance 2nd year application - for putting in the Fee's detail, will it be the same as last year (ie - £3225?) or do i have to put the new value (which has now increased to £3795)? The latter i think applies to prospective students but i just wanted to make sure if that is right. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memenme_1)
    Another question regarding student finance 2nd year application - for putting in the Fee's detail, will it be the same as last year (ie - £3225?) or do i have to put the new value (which has now increased to £3795)? The latter i think applies to prospective students but i just wanted to make sure if that is right. Thank you
    You're wrong on both counts!
    You have to put this year's fees which are £3290.
    No university can charge you more than this if you are a home/EU student.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  2. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  3. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.