Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well i am just about to apply for second year Funding from student finance. I did my previous application online and the turn out was quite a hassle (with documents not recieved, etc). So i was wondering, which of the two is best recommended way of applying : - Paper application or Online application?
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    I've done mine. This year the paper application in support ie parents is a lot simpler, no evidence required to be sent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    I've done mine. This year the paper application in support ie parents is a lot simpler, no evidence required to be sent.
    So what you mean is - If i do the application on paper, i dont have to send additional (evidence based) application from parents?

ReputationRep:
    I did mine on paper last year and had no trouble thank goodness.

I'm going paper all the way

ReputationRep:
    online was so easy for me. i got it approved in 2-3 weeks. this was after resutls day in august when apparently they were doing june's applications. everyone was shocked when mine got approved. i didnt have to send anything in.

ReputationRep:
    last year I started mine offline it kept freezing and saying wait 24 hours before restarting gave up and did the paper had no hassle so will be using it again this year .

ReputationRep:
    Generally having done both, the online is certainly quicker, easier and safer (as in they can't 'lose' your application) IF you are pretty standard and have no special requirements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memenme_1)
    So what you mean is - If i do the application on paper, i dont have to send additional (evidence based) application from parents?
    No I mean your parents need to fill in a paper form each but they don't need to send P60s in. This of course only applies to 2nd and 3rd year funding.

ReputationRep:
    Another question regarding student finance 2nd year application - for putting in the Fee's detail, will it be the same as last year (ie - £3225?) or do i have to put the new value (which has now increased to £3795)? The latter i think applies to prospective students but i just wanted to make sure if that is right. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memenme_1)
    Another question regarding student finance 2nd year application - for putting in the Fee's detail, will it be the same as last year (ie - £3225?) or do i have to put the new value (which has now increased to £3795)? The latter i think applies to prospective students but i just wanted to make sure if that is right. Thank you
    You're wrong on both counts!
    You have to put this year's fees which are £3290.
    No university can charge you more than this if you are a home/EU student.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
    Discussions on TSR

• Latest
  • Personalise

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.