Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Ok, so we're looking for housing atm for our second year but we're abit confused about utilities. How does it work? Does the landlord pick the utility company and you/the tennant has no say in the matter, you just get sent the bills in your name and you pay them, whatever the cost, or do you have the right/is it up to you to decide which company you wish to go with for gas/elec/bb/phone etc?
    This is for houses that don't have bills included btw.

    Thanks for any help!

    depends if you have bills included in the rent or not and your landlord

    because your house dosn't have bills included i would put a safe bet on its down to you, but ask your landlord about if you are worried

    if you don't then you need to set to set it all yourselves

    I think you can switch the supplier as bills will be on your name. If any company requires landlord permission they will tell you straight away.
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.


Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.