Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I took the IGCSE maths last summer, and got an A, however I had a **** of a teacher, who basically ruined me (up until yr 10/11 witht this new teacher, I was getting nearly full marks on every test etc.)
    I ended up with an A, as I said, but all my other GCSE's were A*'s. I have tried some of the normal GCSE maths papers, and ended up with very high marks, so do you think I should take GCSE maths at some point in the future?

ReputationRep:
    Why not? Don't put yourself under any strain, don't let it affect your A levels, but if you can do it without it taking up loads of your time, go for it. If not, forget it. Nothing wrong with an A. Especially if you got A* in everything else. A-Levels are more important.

Don't think there's too much of a difference between IGCSE and GCSE anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bob247)
    Why not? Don't put yourself under any strain, don't let it affect your A levels, but if you can do it without it taking up loads of your time, go for it. If not, forget it. Nothing wrong with an A. Especially if you got A* in everything else. A-Levels are more important.

Well I have heard IGCSEs are harder to get A* in. Don't know if there's any truth in that since my school doesn't do them.

ReputationRep:
    All A*'s would look very impressive. Depends if you have the time and effort to put in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveJ)
    Well I have heard IGCSEs are harder to get A* in. Don't know if there's any truth in that since my school doesn't do them.
    IGCSE's are incredibly more challenging. As I say, I could get an A* blindfolded in a GCSE maths paper, but IGCSE's are very difficult. Our school does IGCSE for Maths and English, and are implementing them for next year for French, German, and all sciences, as they are far more taxing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bob247)
    (Original post by DaveJ)
    IGCSE's are a lot harder, TRUST ME. I think is really unfair as well.

ReputationRep:
    Take maths. As a qualification it is invaluble.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.