Turn on thread page Beta

Keep anon please.

If there's tension between you and one of your close friends for whatever reason, do you wait till you see them to alleviate it or drop a quick text trying to do the same?

Personally I'd want to wait to see them in person but with the weekend in the way, all I can think about is trying to set things straight and its doing my head in. But I'm also scared in case I don't get a reply back whereas in person, it'd be pretty hard for my friend to just outright blank me.

So there's the dilmena. I don't know whether to text and risk feeling rejected or wait it out till I next seem them (and I don't even know if I'll really be able to catch them alone since we hang around a lot of mutual friends and I wouldn't want to make things awkward by taking them aside or something.)

ps: Also, I don't really know what to text. Any input appreciated! : )

ReputationRep:
    Just tell them how you feel and if you have a problem just spark them in the face.

When trying to break surface tension, detergent is always a good place to start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Keep anon please.

If there's tension between you and one of your close friends for whatever reason, do you wait till you see them to alleviate it or drop a quick text trying to do the same?

Personally I'd want to wait to see them in person but with the weekend in the way, all I can think about is trying to set things straight and its doing my head in. But I'm also scared in case I don't get a reply back whereas in person, it'd be pretty hard for my friend to just outright blank me.

So there's the dilmena. I don't know whether to text and risk feeling rejected or wait it out till I next seem them (and I don't even know if I'll really be able to catch them alone since we hang around a lot of mutual friends and I wouldn't want to make things awkward by taking them aside or something.)

ps: Also, I don't really know what to text. Any input appreciated! : )

I'd wait until I saw them. Then I'd just ask them 'Do you want to go for a walk' - obviously they should figure you want to address the issue between you. Pretty simple from then on.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    When trying to break surface tension, detergent is always a good place to start.

This is because I said "any input appreciated" isn't it? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe a quick text to say you want to sort things or something, but then wait until you're in person to actually doing the sorting? I'm not sure. Sometimes I have to sort things straight away or I'll be useless all weekend as it'll be on my mind constantly.

ReputationRep:
    Did you honestly say you're afraid of feeling rejected if your mate doesn't text you back? Go for a text, if he doesn't reply, confront him at school.

Simples.

(Original post by lottie12)
    Maybe a quick text to say you want to sort things or something, but then wait until you're in person to actually doing the sorting? I'm not sure. Sometimes I have to sort things straight away or I'll be useless all weekend as it'll be on my mind constantly.
    EXACTLY! it's sooo frustrating. I'm not sure I want to say something heavy through text so I was thinking just a casual text... but I can't seem to decide if that's a really bad idea.

bump. more opinions needed. : )

ReputationRep:
    You bump after 33 minutes?!!!

Grow up!

As for addressing the "tension" - ask what is wrongt and say you actually want to address it? Depends on age, what you think it's about, etc etc.

You live and learn - and can't please everyone.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.