Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's been 24 years since the race-relations act was enacted, but what, if anything, has changed over these years? Is the UK just as racist as it was decades ago? Please Discuss.

ReputationRep:
    Racism became more sutble.

ReputationRep:
    Now it is mostly against the white majourity.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh cheers for that Seven_Three.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seven_Three)
    Now it is mostly against the white majourity.
    Still crying?

:console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    Racism became more sutble.
    :yes:

ReputationRep:
    You're still more likely to go to prison than to get a degree if you're black. Ethnic minorities are still highly underrepresented in politics/management levels of business/ academic etc. Is the country going to survive much longer like this?

ReputationRep:
    The British Nazi party has gained support...
    Oh I mean British National Party

And for the moronic fascists of TSR, sorry if you think I was witless and unfunny, because last time I checked, I wasn't making a joke.

The support for the BNP has grown in the last 24 years.
    Racism has increased

But you sackless neggers need to get a life.
    Sorry if its a decent humane thing to do but to stand for equality.

GROW THE **** UP

You support that holocaust denying moron who you think is going to improve britain, by pissing away our money on the armed forces and various other BS.
    Our economy will be even more doomed than the sorry state its in as international relations and trade will be lowered to even worse levels.

We have out sourced all our production to abroad, we are at the mercy of other countries. So lets keep britian isolated, we can't do feck all, the majority of our graduates in the next 10 years will be qualified to do nothing but watch tv ffs.

Something got to change, but racism is not the way forward.

Please feel free to continue the neg barrage for 1. you being moronic, 2: actually believing racism is a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    Race is no longer an issue really for most people I'd say. I think Islam is perhaps more of an issue, and that's not a race.

ReputationRep:
    It's just how it is. The UK is as racist as ever.

ReputationRep:
    Racism tends not to be so overt. I'd agree that it has for the most part become more subtle. However, there are still incidents where people have shouted racist things at me\attempted to spit on me\move seats from me on the tube. It's still much more common than many would think

ReputationRep:
    Not any beter in Australia. I hear *****ing all the time from people, I myself have had unfair treatment which I'm not keen on elaborating for the public on here (let's just say - lining up at the bank has become more dangerous than I once thought...), and I've also heard the old 'I'm not racist but...' line 4 times this month already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    attempted to spit on me
    Absolutely abhorrent.

I'm sorry to hear that

Did you report the incident (even though attempted)???

ReputationRep:
    As Stuart Lee once said, "the conservative party has had to cloak their inherent racism behind more sophisticated language"

ReputationRep:
    Are we talking racism or religionism? The former has marginally improved, the latter has increased.

ReputationRep:
    There's racism between everyone, it just happens, so what? It's not a big deal really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella)
    Absolutely abhorrent.

I'm sorry to hear that

Did you report the incident (even though attempted)???
    I didn't bother, coz it was a homeless, toothless guy and I was on my way home with my boyfriend on a night out. I just wanted to get home, to be honest and I didn't see what the police would be able to do. It was pretty demeaning though, that a homeless person was looking down on me, despite me contributing to society etc etc. Oh well. He's living outside and I'm not. Enough said!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EssexDan86)
    Race is no longer an issue really for most people I'd say. I think Islam is perhaps more of an issue, and that's not a race.
    How so?

Racism is the norm in the UK, and it wouldn't change soon.

I think the whole idea of racism is just airy-fairy liberalism, like much of contemporary Western morality. Humans naturally dislike others of different races.

ReputationRep:
    It's really going to take something and someone special to achieve peace in the world.

ReputationRep:
    Its because there are more foreign people to be racist against.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.