Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    First post here so go gently...

I'm currently in a particularly bizarre 'relationship'. I say bizarre because I really don't know what to make of it anymore. I've known this girl for about a year and a half, we studied the same subject, have a great rapport etc. well I began to have feelings for her about a year ago. It was driving me to distraction and so I admitted how I felt. She wasn't appalled and we continued to be friends whilst I tried to subdue my emotions. In the last few months we've become closer still, talking daily etc... to cut a long story short, I'm very much in love with her and realising this she extracted this info one night after I'd gotten quite drunk. For a few days I was certain that I'd ruined everything but as we had arranged previously to have dinner at mine we met soon after. Much wine was consumed and she suggested a game of truth or dare which lead to us getting more intimate. The thing is, she told me she has a boyfriend and this meant nothing. This all happened prior to the christmas holidays. After I returned she suggested dinner again, and again, we got physically intimate. Now she wants to meet again and I don't know what to think. I'm absolutely besotted by her but am aware that our friendship is somewhat odd. She knows exactly how I feel, though often I repress it. She often complains I lack initiative; truth be told, I'm scared of offending her or pushing her away.

Sorry I've been so long winded...
    What do you all think?

ReputationRep:
    If she complains that you lack initiative she's probably wanting you to be more direct about what you want. i.e. not just telling her how you feel but also putting out there that you want something more out of it.

It probably feels like you'd push her away by telling her but it's better for you to get a definitive answer than be in constant limbo, not knowing where you stand.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... you might be right, still, it's very worrying that I might push her away. She's my best friend so I don't just feel that physical lust, I really care about her.

Thanks for the answer

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.