Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    My tech top is far too large, I'd be up for a swap (apparently it was supposed to be small, but it clearly isn't :p: ) but then I'm not sure how many people will want a black tech top with yellow and blue stripes on the arms unless they're from my boat club :unsure:
    Its all about having other random lycra to train in. You only need your own colours for races.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by partoftheweekend)
    Its all about having other random lycra to train in. You only need your own colours for races.
    Very true. A guy from my club has a random bit of stash from Durham Boat Club, but I have no idea where he got it from. I reckon we should order our own kit and swap it to get stuff for other rowing clubs, how cool would that be? :p:

ReputationRep:
    It's a little too expensive for me to have multiple things I think. I use it in the gym as well, so I get my use out of it, and it's not in bad condition at all.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Haha, there are 5 nov 8s in the durham city regatta and we only have to win one race to get to the final :shifty:. (The problem with this being that it means there is a very real chance our 1st 8 could denovice which would be bad).

(Original post by dobbs)
    :O
    Sorry to keep mis-quoting you, but thought you might like to know that a Hatfield novice 8 managed to split their boat the other day in a collision with the Prince Bishop :p:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mithra)
    Haha, there are 5 nov 8s in the durham city regatta and we only have to win one race to get to the final :shifty:. (The problem with this being that it means there is a very real chance our 1st 8 could denovice which would be bad).

Sorry to keep mis-quoting you, but thought you might like to know that a Hatfield novice 8 managed to split their boat the other day in a collision with the Prince Bishop :p:.
    They split their boat?! Wtf?! How the hell...?! But har har to them, though I never had a problem with Hatfield so much - it was Collingwood I really disliked (in rowing) for various reasons.

Any colleges going down to Tees Regatta next weekend do you know?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Don't know if it was literally split in half but it was pretty smashed at least :p:.

No idea about Tees Regatta. Our head of boats mentioned we might be doing it but since he hasn't mentioned it since I guess not.

ReputationRep:
    They're organising the committee elections for my boat club. I feel so so sorry for the novice girls next year…

ReputationRep:
    It's good to see some fellow rowers, so I'm guessing everyone was at BUCS last week?

I'm in Bournemouth UNi BC, where's everyone else from?

ReputationRep:
    Manc Uni, I wasn't but we had some boats at BUCS :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marink)
    It's good to see some fellow rowers, so I'm guessing everyone was at BUCS last week?

I'm in Bournemouth UNi BC, where's everyone else from?
    Where you in the boat that hit Barnes Bridge at HORR?

ReputationRep:
    To the new guy: I'm from Royal Free, University College and Middlesex Medical School Boat Club (aka RUMSBC or sometimes incorrectly Royal Free BC or RFUCMS BC, all of which are generally promptly followed by "who?" ). We can't even stretch as far to call ouselves simply UCL BC because the university itself takes up that name.

Never heard of us?

You're quite honestly not alone.

We also weren't at BUCS because we would be slaughtered :p:

ReputationRep:
    Our 2nd boat was the only 2nd VIII that made it to the semi-final of the Beginners' women, I was so proud of them! The 1st VIII "only" managed to finish 6th, but they're ready for next year already, haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slicksomnia)
    Ahah exactly what I was thinking. Supposedly a contributing factor to Leander losing the headship

ReputationRep:
    Ahah exactly what I was thinking. Supposedly a contributing factor to Leander losing the headship
    Leander lost because Molesey had a stronger crew, full stop.

ReputationRep:
    Every time I see this thread I get a pang of sadness when I realise I won't actually be rowing until I pass my exams.

And passing first time round isn't actually looking likely right now...
    Oh balls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slicksomnia)
    So it is true, the whole rowing community does know about the boat crashing into Barnes Bridge, and no, sadly for me that was the more 'experiences' senior crew who did that, I'm in the novice crew so didn't actually hear about it until we'd finished the race.

And they didn't have anything to do with Leander losing, they just wanted an excuse

(Original post by Jessaay!)
    Never heard of us?
    And no I haven't heard of RUMSBC, but I doubt many people knew about BUBC either.

(Original post by Anatheme)
    Our 2nd boat was the only 2nd VIII that made it to the semi-final of the Beginners' women, I was so proud of them! The 1st VIII "only" managed to finish 6th, but they're ready for next year already, haha

They're organising the committee elections for my boat club. I feel so so sorry for the novice girls next year…
    I think you were in the same semi-final as our girls fresher 8, they didn't make it through either, but it's so good to go down there and get experience.

So did anyone else get any committee positions next year, we've just done ours and got an awesome committee, there's so many of us and next year will be amazing.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Well, we lost today but our first 8 denoviced :p:. This is probably pretty bad for them though they are damn good so I reckon could put on a reasonable showing at IM3 races if they get them.

However I assume this means we get to be in any races Hild Bede gets a novice crew in :beard:. Don't know if it works like that with college rowing.

ReputationRep:
    I think you were in the same semi-final as our girls fresher 8, they didn't make it through either, but it's so good to go down there and get experience.

So did anyone else get any committee positions next year, we've just done ours and got an awesome committee, there's so many of us and next year will be amazing.
    I'm worried about the novice women's captain and vice-captains, 'cause they're like the "cool" kids, but they aren't actually that approachable or nice as our coaches this year were, so I don't know what's gonna happen there…

ReputationRep:
    And they didn't have anything to do with Leander losing, they just wanted an excuse
    Supposedly the wash from the boats coming across to rescue the crew made one of the guys in the leander boat crab lol... They wouldve lost anyway but meh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anatheme)
    I'm worried about the novice women's captain and vice-captains, 'cause they're like the "cool" kids, but they aren't actually that approachable or nice as our coaches this year were, so I don't know what's gonna happen there…
    Hmm, well it should be fine, they wouldn't have become the captains if they didn't think they could do the job, how does your committee get chosen? Club vote or coaches decision?

Supposedly the wash from the boats coming across to rescue the crew made one of the guys in the leander boat crab lol... They wouldve lost anyway but meh.
    Well I did hear that they pulled a minor crab, it wasn't anything major, to be fair though our crew did have a boat sitting on their head.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.