Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    Urgh no you don't! A guy at our club has one and you just look like a fool when you wear it :p:
    I reckon it looks better when you have proper boobs :sexface: (proper because there's no risk of them being moobs)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anatheme)
    I reckon it looks better when you have proper boobs :sexface: (proper because there's no risk of them being moobs)
    Oh well yes. Attractive girls rowing is HOT.

Unfortunately, and not saying anything about the ladies on this forum, but the vast majority of female rowers are not fantastically attractive

Though don't get me wrong....there are some

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    Oh well yes. Attractive girls rowing is HOT.

Unfortunately, and not saying anything about the ladies on this forum, but the vast majority of female rowers are not fantastically attractive

Though don't get me wrong....there are some
    Hahahaha, I know what you mean. They tend to look more like men than women. Although there are indeed exceptions, and sometimes not really great ones, haha, my coach went on training camp and didn't bring any toiletries, but she had 4 bottles of fake tan. I mean wtf, you're rowing in the South of France, just wait for the sun to do the job?

(Horse-riding is good is you're more of an ass guy, it's like bumstival in their leather gear, om nom nom)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I was thinking I'd quite like doing Anatomy because I really enjoyed learning my bones and muscles when I was passing my horse-riding badges, but then again, I think I'd also quite enjoy epidemiology. Shame I'm **** at sciences
    I enjoy learning anatomy when it's muscles and bones, but when it comes to branches of the aorta ("the aorta bifurcates at the level of the first thoracic vertebra into the common iliac arteries which then branch..." OK NOBODY CARES THEY'RE JUST ARTERIES WITH DIFFERENT NAMES) and when you're shown a pin in a dead person during an exam and asked what innervates it and usually it's hard enough to actually distinguish what the pin is in, then anatomy starts to suck monkey balls :p:

Epidemiology is also my worst nightmare for some reason. Once I actually went to the lecture theatre, before the lecturer started talking he put the first slide up on the board. As soon as I saw "epidemiology" I quite literally ran out of the lecture theatre.

I'm quite pessimistic at the moment. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, I'm fairly flat chested
    Flat chested really doesn't bode well for lycra either. I have a friend, who is gay might I add (like most of our boat club) who got drunk one night when we were having a social in our kit (it had just arrived and we'd just had team photos so decided it would be fun to go to the union and not change) and he decided to feel them, told me they were "hard" and that I should go on the pill.

Not that anyone on this forum really needed to know that but I just wanted to give a valid reason for my lack of lycra confidence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    I enjoy learning anatomy when it's muscles and bones, but when it comes to branches of the aorta ("the aorta bifurcates at the level of the first thoracic vertebra into the common iliac arteries which then branch..." OK NOBODY CARES THEY'RE JUST ARTERIES WITH DIFFERENT NAMES) and when you're shown a pin in a dead person during an exam and asked what innervates it and usually it's hard enough to actually distinguish what the pin is in, then anatomy starts to suck monkey balls :p:

Epidemiology is also my worst nightmare for some reason. Once I actually went to the lecture theatre, before the lecturer started talking he put the first slide up on the board. As soon as I saw "epidemiology" I quite literally ran out of the lecture theatre.

I'm quite pessimistic at the moment. :p:
    Awww, don't worry, you'll be fine!
    If you want, we can switch and you get to talk about James Bond in Arabic? I managed to say he loved women and danger in my oral the other day, my lecturer was pissing himself

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, I'm fairly flat chested
    Flat chested really doesn't bode well for lycra either. I have a friend, who is gay might I add (like most of our boat club) who got drunk one night when we were having a social in our kit (it had just arrived and we'd just had team photos so decided it would be fun to go to the union and not change) and he decided to feel them, told me they were "hard" and that I should go on the pill.

Not that anyone on this forum really needed to know that but I just wanted to give a valid reason for my lack of lycra confidence
    Make sure you get a pill that actually makes your boobs bigger, then, haha. Mine certainly didn't, but I'm guessing all the eating I did for rowing ended up in the right places, which isn't too bad, so, erm, eat more? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    When I think of it like that I wonder why I actually chose it. :p:
    Renal has reduced me to a gibbering wreck.

The only way I can deal with it at the moment is to fling faecal matter at my lecture notes. I have my first exam in a few hours.

I'd rather do 12x750m than do this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabris)

The only way I can deal with it at the moment is to fling faecal matter at my lecture notes. I have my first exam in a few hours.

Good luck with your exam! (Would you reaaally rather do 12x750m? I reckon I'd rather sit my oral exams three times and not do a single one ) I had thre eexams already, only 5 left, now, woohoo :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabris)

I like renal. Maybe I'm weird. I hate medical sociology, anatomy, respiratory and biochemistry. Which basically leaves me with a couple of little bits of physiology.
    I also have my exam in a few hours. Good luck to us both huh. I'm starting to think I might have to resit to be hones.
    I'd definitely rather do 12x750m too :p:

Edit: I'm dead tomorrow, it's been nice typing with you all!

ReputationRep:
    Fine then, you two can have my luck for today, but give it to me back, I need it to get good grades too :p:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the luck, unfortunately the exam played on all the knowledge in which I had gaps. Everyone found it hard it would seem, but I know I missed a lot of marks. So demoralising.

ReputationRep:
    Awww, I'm sure it won't be too bad! Was it worth a lot or do you think that other exams can make it up for it?

I found a way to revise whilst procrastinating, I write my notes on TSR, so I feel like I help people while I revise
    (Ok, I've spent a total of almost 8h on one point of grammar, and I would love to kill whoever thought it would be a good idea to speak like that, but at least I'm revising :ninja:)

ReputationRep:
    They're all worth equivalent amounts, and we have to pass every exam to pass overall so even if I failed by a small amount on that one I would have to resit all of the exams and if I failed by a small amount on the resits I'd be kicked out of medicine

It was terrible, everyone found it hard and initially I thought it was ok, then I realised how many questions I remember missing nad how many I was unsure about and how many I knew I got wrong and it's quite a lot of the paper :p: It was a **** paper though, I don't know why they feel the need to give us a 20 mark question on a single immunological disease we've never learnt except by a passing reference. You'd have thought they'd have learnt from the disaster that was the february mock that nobody can physically answer those questions (the one from the mock was literally one line in one lecture out of 90 lectures in total from one module out of 4 we do in the entire year... the question on this exam was exactly the same)

Anyway unrowing related rant over :p:

ReputationRep:
    Missing rowing for the first time ever for uni work Gah I hate revision. 10 more days and its henley training time weee hopefully accompanied by good weather and a 2k PB...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Nice :teeth:. Think our men's senior squad are going to Henley but no-one else is :moon:. Gotta train like crazy over summer to try and get in there next year :beard:. (I think half the first team have wins at Henley though so that may be tough...)

ReputationRep:
    I got sent the Henley training programme and it makes me glad I stopped rowing :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    I went to the gym today, because I had an exam and now I have until Friday for my next. I was in need of taking anger out on the ergs. My fitness has decreased an incredible amount :|
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It decreases fast without exercise :sad:. I think our coach claimed "50% in two weeks" though what '50%' actually refers to I am not sure, I'd hate to think what 0% was.

ReputationRep:
    I'm happy I still need to cycle everywhere, keeps my fitness up a bit. Our boatman said I'd get fat once I stopped rowing. I lost a kilo

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.