The Student Room Group

Rowing Chat

Scroll to see replies

Met: Senior 4+, IM2 8 and maybe more..

Henley: I have no idea as boats haven't been chosen.

How about you?
partoftheweekend
Quality results at the world cup, 6 golds and 5 silvers I think. Shame about the pair though, looks like its sewn up for the olympics already

Yeah was a shame.. Though watching that New Zealand Pair, that is probably some of the best rowing i've ever seen.. Have a look on BBC Iplayer again...
Reply 502
I might be rowing in Hexham, still don't know... (it depends if one guy can make it or not).

If we are it will be awful, we haven't rowed for three weeks so are having 3 intense days beforehand :p:.

Also rowing Durham Regatta next week I believe.
Reply 503
Urgh our entries secretary "forgot" to put our entry in for Met! GRRRR

So we're spending the weekend training hard on the Tyne. Still not decided on our Henley boats, but we'll be at Durham, Marlow, and then Henley :smile: Either two coxless fours or an eight.
Slicksomnia
Met: Senior 4+, IM2 8 and maybe more..

Henley: I have no idea as boats haven't been chosen.

How about you?

IM3 and IM2 8's at met. Henley pretty certain on the temple but see what happens at met first though.
partoftheweekend
IM3 and IM2 8's at met. Henley pretty certain on the temple but see what happens at met first though.

For IM2 8s, which day?
Slicksomnia
For IM2 8s, which day?

On the Sunday. Am I racing you? :smile:
Unfortunately i'm racing Saturday (today).. Best of luck though!
Reply 508
Anyone at Hexham today?
Reply 509
Mithra
Anyone at Hexham today?

A couple of crews I coach were, however as we didn't go to Met we spent the day on the Tyne in Newcastle seat racing (absolutely PERFECT conditions, water was so flat and sun was beaming!) and then finalised our fours for Henley (finally) and did a long paddle, yay :smile:
Reply 510
dobbs
A couple of crews I coach were, however as we didn't go to Met we spent the day on the Tyne in Newcastle seat racing (absolutely PERFECT conditions, water was so flat and sun was beaming!) and then finalised our fours for Henley (finally) and did a long paddle, yay :smile:

I noticed some girls from Tyne club :ninja:. :sexface:

We had the absolute first race of the day and lost to Hatfield by half a canvas :nothing:.
Reply 511
Mithra
I noticed some girls from Tyne club :ninja:. :sexface:

We had the absolute first race of the day and lost to Hatfield by half a canvas :nothing:.

Ah shame, what was that in? Novice fours?

And yep my girls from Tyne won! Yay :smile: Were also lots of juniors there from Tyne, oh and some vets/maters
Reply 512
Any news of results from Met?
Tabris
Any news of results from Met?

Only know a couple

Brookes/Oxford Composite won elite 8's
Brookes won im3 8's (grr)
TSS won elite 4+
Reply 514
dobbs
Ah shame, what was that in? Novice fours?

Yeah, we've had two people drop out of our 8 so we have to enter fours instead.

And yep my girls from Tyne won! Yay :smile: Were also lots of juniors there from Tyne, oh and some vets/maters

:coma:
Reply 515
Mithra

:coma:

Seriously? :confused: Who is that for? None of the women are particularly attractive, oh wait one of them is OK, the others are...well I won't say what I think :o:

Unless you're talking about the Juniors? :eek:
Reply 516
dobbs
Seriously? :confused: Who is that for? None of the women are particularly attractive, oh wait one of them is OK, the others are...well I won't say what I think :o:

Unless you're talking about the Juniors? :eek:

Yeeah.. chances are they weren't over 18.
Reply 517
Mithra
Yeeah.. chances are they weren't over 18.

:yep: I know the ones you mean. Don't worry, they are the talking point of the men's squad on regular occassions. Bad I know. Lots of potential.
Reply 518
dobbs
:yep: I know the ones you mean. Don't worry, they are the talking point of the men's squad on regular occassions. Bad I know. Lots of potential.

I'm pretty sure I've seen them about too...always makes me feel bad haha
Reply 519
I'm going for Reading Amateur, Marlow and Reading Head, not the best events, but we've had a little success there and I'm only in a Novice crew so we're not hoping for the best results anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest