Turn on thread page Beta

Rowing Chat watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabris)
    I'm pretty sure I've seen them about too...always makes me feel bad haha
    My rowing club has a "slime" group on FB to share all the gossip. Record holder is "Trasha", who got 7/8 guys from the novice men's 1st VIII. I think we're only a couple who've managed not to get on there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anatheme)
    My rowing club has a "slime" group on FB to share all the gossip. Record holder is "Trasha", who got 7/8 guys from the novice men's 1st VIII. I think we're only a couple who've managed not to get on there.
    Ohh, we have one of those.

On our social tour we had prizes for "services to the men's boat club" and "services to the women's boat club".

The latter was won by a guy who slept with 2 girls and kissed/maybe did a little bit more with 5 other girls on social tour alone.

Social tour lasted from Friday evening until Sunday afternoon.

:naughty:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    Ohh, we have one of those.

On our social tour we had prizes for "services to the men's boat club" and "services to the women's boat club".

The latter was won by a guy who slept with 2 girls and kissed/maybe did a little bit more with 5 other girls on social tour alone.

Social tour lasted from Friday evening until Sunday afternoon.

:naughty:
    "Trasha" got that almost entire boat in one night. She was reaaaally pissed, though, and it's never been equalled in any way, haha. She had to go through everyone's pics of the night to remember what had happened, quality

ReputationRep:
    "Trasha" got that almost entire boat in one night. She was reaaaally pissed, though, and it's never been equalled in any way, haha. She had to go through everyone's pics of the night to remember what had happened, quality
    Haha yeah, we call ours the incest board, it's pretty standard for all clubs I think. I know one of our Freshers has managed to do a Fresher, Senior and Coach this year, so she's doing pretty well for herself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marink)
    Haha yeah, we call ours the incest board, it's pretty standard for all clubs I think. I know one of our Freshers has managed to do a Fresher, Senior and Coach this year, so she's doing pretty well for herself
    My bestest fwiend in the boat has managed to do 2 freshers, 3 seniors and one of the alumni (a doctor).

There are some rather impressive rowers it would seem.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but in the case we are discussing, if you started making fb groups about it you'd basically be doing something illegal. Juniors? No no no!!

ReputationRep:
    Want:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if that's amazing, or beyond ridiculous...

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I still think the Tuxedo ones better.

And is anyone else racing at Reading Amateur this weekend?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I still think the Tuxedo ones better.

And is anyone else racing at Reading Amateur this weekend?
    Was going too but scratched unfortunately. Bit annoyed cos its a really good event. Nice and close to the opposition crew and the crowd; proper racing.

ReputationRep:
    Won IM2 Eights at Durham Regatta today Beat Agecroft in the Final by 6 feet. WOOP
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by dobbs)
    Won IM2 Eights at Durham Regatta today Beat Agecroft in the Final by 6 feet. WOOP
    Nice one. Don't think I saw that :sad:.

Our men's novice 8 (who are IM3 now) are terrified that they are going to have to race the 6 ft 5 average dutch people tomorrow :p:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mithra)
    Nice one. Don't think I saw that :sad:.

Our men's novice 8 (who are IM3 now) are terrified that they are going to have to race the 6 ft 5 average dutch people tomorrow :p:.
    I raced one of them in my single. I lost. Ha. But only by one length, so not so bad

And hmm I didn't see that novice 8 race either, but well done to them - might see them if they are racing in the afternoon as I'm training in the morning then down there in the afternoon to cox my novice men (quad) then off to prizegiving yay
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by dobbs)
    I raced one of them in my single. I lost. Ha. But only by one length, so not so bad

And hmm I didn't see that novice 8 race either, but well done to them - might see them if they are racing in the afternoon as I'm training in the morning then down there in the afternoon to cox my novice men (quad) then off to prizegiving yay
    Oh no, they got IM3 at Durham city, was just pointing out that whilst they are durham 'novices' they aren't actually racing in that category :p:.

Our senior women beat hatfield by about 4 lengths though :coma:.

Some of the singles I saw had horrendous differences in positioning, like 10-15 seconds in between them.

ReputationRep:
    I miss rowing
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Oh god, all the guys from my local rowing club look huge :afraid:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by partoftheweekend)
    Was going too but scratched unfortunately. Bit annoyed cos its a really good event. Nice and close to the opposition crew and the crowd; proper racing.
    Yeah, it was really good, it really suits our club, since we only train over a max of 1500m so it was perfect for us, we had a mare in our first race and went through a tree on our first start so we lost by 2 lengths to Eton.

But we had it perfect on Sunday, won the Nov8+ so moving up to IM3 for Marlow and Reading Town

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it was really good, it really suits our club, since we only train over a max of 1500m so it was perfect for us, we had a mare in our first race and went through a tree on our first start so we lost by 2 lengths to Eton.

But we had it perfect on Sunday, won the Nov8+ so moving up to IM3 for Marlow and Reading Town
    Good results! You realise eton won the final on Saturday by 4 lengths but were then found to be ineligible for novice 8's... cheaters

Marlow will be very good racing too, most the entries are very big so hopefully you'll get a good 2 or 3 races on the day.

ReputationRep:
    Durham Regatta Sunday

Elite Eights Final

Durham University v Newcastle University (big rivals)

They had raced each other on Saturday's Elite Eights and Durham had just won.

Newcastle's stroke man stands up and takes a wee over the side whilst in the marshalling area before the start line. Newcastle are disqualified immediately for an 'obscene gesture'. Durham win by default.

Gutted for Newcastle. Stupid stroke man anyway. The coach was furious, as would be expected!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    Durham Regatta Sunday

Elite Eights Final

Durham University v Newcastle University (big rivals)

They had raced each other on Saturday's Elite Eights and Durham had just won.

Newcastle's stroke man stands up and takes a wee over the side whilst in the marshalling area before the start line. Newcastle are disqualified immediately for an 'obscene gesture'. Durham win by default.

Gutted for Newcastle. Stupid stroke man anyway. The coach was furious, as would be expected!
    Thats pretty funny Shame about missing the race though, would've been a good one. Ive seen people standing and pissing a lot before though, at multi-lanes and often at the horr. When youre nervous, well hydrated and being forced to wait its going to be a common problem.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.