Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by partoftheweekend)
    Thats pretty funny Shame about missing the race though, would've been a good one. Ive seen people standing and pissing a lot before though, at multi-lanes and often at the horr. When youre nervous, well hydrated and being forced to wait its going to be a common problem.
    It's generally more accepted at heads when you've got a long wait, but the fact that they boated from DARC just before the start and didn't have a long wait, and others in the boat offered him a bottle to use instead, and that there were public and apparently juniors in boats around, I agree with the disqualification. Even their cox who I know well says she agreed with it, and that he was mortified that it happened, but he should have known better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    Gutted for Newcastle. Stupid stroke man anyway. The coach was furious, as would be expected!
    I can taste Angelo's fury.

Thank God I'm not around for that haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabris)
    I can taste Angelo's fury.

Thank God I'm not around for that haha
    Well Angelo wasn't around, I was talking about Charlie as he was there at the time, but yes Angelo is likely to be less than pleased with that!

ReputationRep:
    Good results! You realise eton won the final on Saturday by 4 lengths but were then found to be ineligible for novice 8's... cheaters

Marlow will be very good racing too, most the entries are very big so hopefully you'll get a good 2 or 3 races on the day.
    I didn't realise that they were found to be ineligible, we could have battered the rest of the competition in that category. We would have easily been within a length of them if we hadn't crashed on the start. Did some of their guys have points then?

Yeah, I hope so, got the same 8 racing there too, will be interesting as we're going to be in IM3 with our senior rowers so we can see what an extra 1/2 years will do for them. We think we're pretty even at the moment it would seem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marink)
    I didn't realise that they were found to be ineligible, we could have battered the rest of the competition in that category. We would have easily been within a length of them if we hadn't crashed on the start. Did some of their guys have points then?

Yeah, I hope so, got the same 8 racing there too, will be interesting as we're going to be in IM3 with our senior rowers so we can see what an extra 1/2 years will do for them. We think we're pretty even at the moment it would seem.
    What days are you doing Marlow? Im racing IM3 on saturday.

ReputationRep:
    What days are you doing Marlow? Im racing IM3 on saturday.
    I'm there on the Sunday, think I'm racing the IM3 4+, it's all had to be reshuffled around as we'd entered the Nov8 but obviously we can't do that now. You racing in the 8's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marink)
    I'm there on the Sunday, think I'm racing the IM3 4+, it's all had to be reshuffled around as we'd entered the Nov8 but obviously we can't do that now. You racing in the 8's?
    Yeah im in the 8's. The draw has been done tonight and will be posted on the website tomorrow morning so that should be quite exciting Im hoping to make the final but I never seem to win so not going to put my expectations too high lol.

Henley deadline today too so hopefully entry list will be out soon and we can put an end to a lot of speculation

ReputationRep:
    Yeah im in the 8's. The draw has been done tonight and will be posted on the website tomorrow morning so that should be quite exciting Im hoping to make the final but I never seem to win so not going to put my expectations too high lol.

Henley deadline today too so hopefully entry list will be out soon and we can put an end to a lot of speculation
    Ooh awesome, sounds good. Who do you row for again, I can't remember. I doubt our IM3 8 will get to the final from how competitive I hear Marlow is, but you never know, they might pull one out the bag.

And haha, our Henley crew is now basically anyone that can make it, one of the guys is going to Glastonbury so can't make qualifiers and another guy is possibly dropping out, so they're starting to get guys from our squad, which kind of sucks, since now it looks like they're going to be racing in the Henley crew at Marlow and we're going to have to put together a 4 this week, we're seat racing for it tomorrow, but it's a bit stupid, new boat, new crew 5 days before the event which will be the first time we've raced IM3, so not got high hopes tbh.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of entries for the temple this year.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah and barely any for the Thames (Club 8+)!! After we decided it would be better to do Wyfold instead (Club 4-)....and its a bigger field.

Should be interesting as we've been plagued with injury between the crews so scrambling around for people to row

ReputationRep:
    And 18 pre-qualified! Only 14 spots left for 47 crews Wish I could do the Thames. Nearly everyone who just showed up to events this year got pre-qualification!

On a happy note won im3 at marlow

ReputationRep:
    Quite surprised at the Nihon University entry.

It's a long way to go to get stomped on by US crews.

Also, a bit of a shocker that the our 2nd VIII managed to pre-qualify for temple. I guess they haven't realised that members of the 1st VIII are divided between the PW and PA. Not like it means much anyway, since again, we're probably going to get slapped by American crews.

ReputationRep:
    Quite surprised at the Nihon University entry.

It's a long way to go to get stomped on by US crews.

Also, a bit of a shocker that the our 2nd VIII managed to pre-qualify for temple. I guess they haven't realised that members of the 1st VIII are divided between the PW and PA. Not like it means much anyway, since again, we're probably going to get slapped by American crews.
    Stewards always do stuff like that. Last year Reading uni entered a novice boat that got pre-qualified and then got stomped on Wednesday by another pretty average crew. Nihon have entered before in 2007, got the qualification spot due to the fact they had to come from japan which is fair game.

As for American crews, I dont know how they get so fast! And its only their fresher crews... Will be at least another year or 2 before british unis can compete i think.

ReputationRep:
    Stewards always do stuff like that. Last year Reading uni entered a novice boat that got pre-qualified and then got stomped on Wednesday by another pretty average crew. Nihon have entered before in 2007, got the qualification spot due to the fact they had to come from japan which is fair game.

As for American crews, I dont know how they get so fast! And its only their fresher crews... Will be at least another year or 2 before british unis can compete i think.
    I think it's just all the money they pump into sports, the funding for coachs is so much more better.

I remember a BBC thingy earlier this year, that they also mentioned today about Mark Hunter being the coach of the Novice Women at UCLA, which isn't as big a rowing university as say Harvard, Yale, Princeton or Washington. With UCLA being able to afford an Olympic athelete as a novice coach, I can imagine that those other unis will have something on a similar or higher level.

Just look at Harvard's boathouse

ReputationRep:
    Anyone at Henley tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slicksomnia)
    Anyone at Henley tomorrow?
    Yep temple quals, how about you?

ReputationRep:
    Yep temple quals, how about you?
    The Thames Cup.

What time's your race?

ReputationRep:
    Lmfao. Manchester senior men won't be racing because the secretary handed in the application too late.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anatheme)
    Lmfao. Manchester senior men won't be racing because the secretary handed in the application too late.
    oh dear I wouldn't like to be that guy when he told them. A club night out on him would be the only way to go towards making it up

ReputationRep:
    http://www.hrr.co.uk/downloads/quali...sults_2010.pdf

I wonder why Goldie withdrew from The Temple.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.