Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by partoftheweekend)
    oh dear I wouldn't like to be that guy when he told them. A club night out on him would be the only way to go towards making it up
    Well, the poor girl had quite a lot going on between preparing for exams, taking up the new role of secretary and training the new coxes captain, and racing here and there, but I reckon they're quite annoyed at her, especially given how many of them are complete dicks.

ReputationRep:
    She probably shouldn't have taken the role then if it was too much to handle... If our Henley entry didn't go in it would practically be seen as a season and about 500 hours of training wasted. Saying that, met/marlow results didn't really point to them qualifying anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Given the lack of performance from the senior men, I don't think they even expected to do anything apart from having a laugh, so at least that's some time saved.

ReputationRep:
    And money! My crew managed to qualify but im pretty certain we'll be in the bar by Wednesday afternoon lol based on the draw. Will give it our best though.

Also Newcastle temple boat got seeded wtf Dont even remember seeing them at any regattas since BUCS

ReputationRep:
    And money! My crew managed to qualify but im pretty certain we'll be in the bar by Wednesday afternoon lol based on the draw. Will give it our best though.

Also Newcastle temple boat got seeded wtf Dont even remember seeing them at any regattas since BUCS
    They did Met and Durham. They came something like 5th at Met and got to the finals of Durham Elite (?), however that's the one where they got disqualified for their stroke man weeing over the edge whilst in the marshalling area.

As for me, we had a disappointing time at Henley. We from Tyne had 2 fours in the Wyfolds, but having being plagued with injury throughout the squad and one guy annoyingly pulling out at the last minute both crews had been rowing together since last Saturday!!

We expected the 1st four to qualify, but unsure about the 2nd (which I steered). Neither got in, absolutely gutted!!

So we went out and got hammered on Friday night, then again last night. Back in Newcastle today, but probs going back down for Fri/Sat/Sun to Henley

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    They did Met and Durham. They came something like 5th at Met and got to the finals of Durham Elite (?), however that's the one where they got disqualified for their stroke man weeing over the edge whilst in the marshalling area.

As for me, we had a disappointing time at Henley. We from Tyne had 2 fours in the Wyfolds, but having being plagued with injury throughout the squad and one guy annoyingly pulling out at the last minute both crews had been rowing together since last Saturday!!

We expected the 1st four to qualify, but unsure about the 2nd (which I steered). Neither got in, absolutely gutted!!

So we went out and got hammered on Friday night, then again last night. Back in Newcastle today, but probs going back down for Fri/Sat/Sun to Henley
    Unlucky on the qualifiers. I hate them doing time trials for qualification, can be very random.

On the newcastle issue at met they came last in their heat losing to bedford modern school and a durham college in IM1. At Durham regatta they beat Durham ARC and made the final of a 4 boat event (over 700m too!). Not exactly results that should get them pre-qualified, let alone seeded.

Its a bit annoying because this makes one part of the draw very very weak. Practically gifting Queens B a friday showing and Nereus an easy path to the saturday. Ridiculous mistake by the stewards.

ReputationRep:
    Unlucky on the qualifiers. I hate them doing time trials for qualification, can be very random.

On the newcastle issue at met they came last in their heat losing to bedford modern school and a durham college in IM1. At Durham regatta they beat Durham ARC and made the final of a 4 boat event (over 700m too!). Not exactly results that should get them pre-qualified, let alone seeded.

Its a bit annoying because this makes one part of the draw very very weak. Practically gifting Queens B a friday showing and Nereus an easy path to the saturday. Ridiculous mistake by the stewards.
    No no I agree, we're all very confused as to how they pre-qualified also, nevermind seeded! In fact there were a few crews who did that, just seemd to turn up at Met/Marlow and managed to pre-qualify - we're convinced that some of the crews that pre-qualified Wyfolds probably wouldn't have actually qualified in the qualifiers on Friday!

I was only pointing out that they had done stuff since BUCS, as you said you hadn't seen them since then. They had done stuff; they also did make the fnals of the eights at Durham, they raced both days. And I'm sure they did better than last at Met? But that's only what I'd heard. Not sure.

Still as you say, they shouldn't be seeded (and probably shouldn't have pre-qualified either).

ReputationRep:
    The only real reason why I think we may have pre-qualified and seened is because our first VIII did so well at HORR during head season, but with regatta season, our first VIII has pretty much broken up into the 4+ and 4x, leaving the 2nd VIII to take their place, which is one reason why they've been less impressive.

I guess the stewards thought that we'd be using the same VIII from HORR? God knows.

ReputationRep:
    Rowing and boat club social life (mostly the latter) was probably a contributing factor to me failing, but ironically it's one of the only things stopping me being completely disheartened about these resits. Roll on the summer when I can finally utilise the beautiful weather in a boat, rather than sitting in an empty flat in Westminster, whilst not exercising, and reading about why I should exercise or I'll get diabetes/cardiovascular disease/obese/all of the above.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Stop posting! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Whoops, my internet is fairly dodgy. I was actually away from the computer :p: *cleans up mess*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mithra)
    Stop posting! :p:
    Aw, I hate it when people manage to witness my failings at life.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I like when people try to copy you in the gym :p:.

ReputationRep:
    Henley time! Making my run down the course at 5:30pm. Will see what happens

ReputationRep:
    Got owned such is life

ReputationRep:
    Got owned such is life
    Condolences!

You're the guy from UL right? Tell whoever was in charge of organising the beach party that they're amazing :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm heading back down to Henley tomorrow evening yay

A weekend of camping, watching some rowing, lying in the sun, and most likely a good amount of drinking. Can't complain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    I'm heading back down to Henley tomorrow evening yay

A weekend of camping, watching some rowing, lying in the sun, and most likely a good amount of drinking. Can't complain
    Who has a leopard-printed lycra at UL? There was a guy wearing one during training camp and he was fit. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anatheme)
    Who has a leopard-printed lycra at UL? There was a guy wearing one during training camp and he was fit. :holmes:
    Errrr, you're mixing me up with someone else. I row for Tyne :p:

....just checked the weather for Henley for this weekend:

Friday - light showers
    Saturday - sunny spells
    Sunday - heavy rain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    Errrr, you're mixing me up with someone else. I row for Tyne :p:

....just checked the weather for Henley for this weekend:

Friday - light showers
    Saturday - sunny spells
    Sunday - heavy rain
    Oh yeah, sorry, it's partoftheweekend who's at UL :facepalm:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.