Turn on thread page Beta

Has anybody else tried this? watch

I remember when i was like 12 i used to eat ice a lot.

And that got me thinking, wouldn't that be a plausible way of weight loss? Eat ice for every meal?

So it'd still 'fill you up' and if you felt hungry you could just eat more ice, but you'd effectively just be drinking wasser.

Is this a million dollar idea or WUT ROFL!?

ReputationRep:
    You could make flavoured ice :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rofflewaffle)
    You could make flavoured ice :sexface:
    I freeze juice. Yum. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who thought of this?

Pudding: Ice cubes and artificial sweetener.

You might find that your body actually requires nutrients that cannot be found in water (ice).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren__x)
    I freeze juice. Yum. :yes:
    Its gotta be proper juice though. It isn't as solid as ice when it freezes.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna go get me some ice :]

ReputationRep:
    That'll just make you hungrier, since your chewing action will activate your stomach juices anticipating food, and you'll only be giving it water.

ReputationRep:
    crunching ice makes my teeth hurt

ReputationRep:
    Ice is just water, so it'll go through your digestive system extremely quickly and the feeling of fullness will be very temporary. If you mix stuff that your body has to digest with the water (ie: soup), it'll take much longer to go through your system and will keep you feeling full for a lot longer.

This is why it's much better to snack on wet things like soup than crisps and other dry snacks.

ReputationRep:
    You'd still be hungry! Drinking a glass of water only fills you up for a little while!

I think it would be a good distraction to stop you snacking between meals, but it couldn't replace a meal!

ReputationRep:
    I thought this was going to be an interesting thread, like, has anyone ever tried......sucking themselves off............. or something.

ReputationRep:
    Ice flavoured Ice. mmmmh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydoh)
    I thought this was going to be an interesting thread, like, has anyone ever tried......sucking themselves off............. or something.
    You've been spending too much time in the Health and Relationships forum. ;] :yes:

I'd rather drink water and chew gum than eat ice. People with sensitive teeth wouldn't be able to eat ice anyway without considerable difficulty (and probably a lot of pain).

ReputationRep:
    LOL at the poor souls taking this seriously. :p:

Munching ice makes my teeth tingle. Sad times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parpirate)
    You might find that your body actually requires nutrients that cannot be found in water (ice).
    Just inject all the nutrients and everything you want into the ice :yes:

(Oh wait, you may as well just eat normally for all that effort).

ReputationRep:
    People have eaten ice when lost in the mountains and sustained themselves for weeks. I might get myself lost in the Alps one day just to see if will work (if you hear another Briton has been lost whilst conquering the mountains then you'll know it's me)

ReputationRep:
    apparently eating ice makes you lose energy and lowers the water content in your body...........crazzzzzy

help me get a free burger king t shirt?

http://www.kingtastyshirts.com/?e=f0...7373dffa53dbe5

then you can get one too

Who the **** moved this to chat?

ReputationRep:
    Drinking liquid is one method of reducing hunger.

Obviously only drinking water will not do you well.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.