The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I would like to think this is just my cynicism talking, but in matters such as these being desperate to believe in something doesn't necessarily make it so. One could almost say romance is a secular religion in that sense; we'd all like to believe a heart is waiting for us and theirs likewise. But when we look at the factors which impact our choosing of people, I'm afraid I can't help but be decidedly less hopeful and idealistic. It's all far too cynical a business. If indeed it was true, then I'd be the first to celebrate however.

Sadly I think if anyone reaches the kind of point I have where the above attitude becomes prevalent something very human has died inside of us, so rather than criticising it, I'd suggest some dreams are good to have . . . even if dreams are in some cases all they are.
Reply 21
Sure there is. Just watch TV - there are people who if you were them, you'd be unhappy with your looks, but they've got someone.

Plus, statistically, you could fall in love with millions of different people. There isn't just one specific person for everyone... it depends who you find first!
All I can say OP is that you're not alone in the way you feel, although I know that doesn't make it better.
Reply 23
MrHappy_J
I know how you feel :frown:

Sadly, and contrary to popular belief, there is not someone for everyone. If you look at it technically, there are more women than men on this planet, which means that there isn't a man for every woman. If that makes sense.

Also, some people stay single for all their lives. There is no guarantee that you will find that "special someone". That doesnt mean you can't, but it's up to you.

That's why some men have more than 1 girlfriend. Just sorting out the ratio imbalance init. :cool:
C.C.G
That's why some men have more than 1 girlfriend. Just sorting out the ratio imbalance init. :cool:

:rolleyes:
Reply 25
Thanks for all your replies. I'm still not convinced by it all anymore, I used to think that it was true but I just don't know anymore, it's starting to feel more like I'll end up never finding someone. I think whoever said I should just focus on being happy, getting a good career n stuff was right.
Not for me.
Reply 27
yeah but you really have to be proactive hahaha.

Latest

Trending

Trending