Turn on thread page Beta

Is there such a thing as someone for everyone? watch

ReputationRep:
    I would like to think this is just my cynicism talking, but in matters such as these being desperate to believe in something doesn't necessarily make it so. One could almost say romance is a secular religion in that sense; we'd all like to believe a heart is waiting for us and theirs likewise. But when we look at the factors which impact our choosing of people, I'm afraid I can't help but be decidedly less hopeful and idealistic. It's all far too cynical a business. If indeed it was true, then I'd be the first to celebrate however.

Sadly I think if anyone reaches the kind of point I have where the above attitude becomes prevalent something very human has died inside of us, so rather than criticising it, I'd suggest some dreams are good to have . . . even if dreams are in some cases all they are.

ReputationRep:
    Sure there is. Just watch TV - there are people who if you were them, you'd be unhappy with your looks, but they've got someone.

Plus, statistically, you could fall in love with millions of different people. There isn't just one specific person for everyone... it depends who you find first!

ReputationRep:
    All I can say OP is that you're not alone in the way you feel, although I know that doesn't make it better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHappy_J)
    I know how you feel

Sadly, and contrary to popular belief, there is not someone for everyone. If you look at it technically, there are more women than men on this planet, which means that there isn't a man for every woman. If that makes sense.

Also, some people stay single for all their lives. There is no guarantee that you will find that "special someone". That doesnt mean you can't, but it's up to you.
    That's why some men have more than 1 girlfriend. Just sorting out the ratio imbalance init. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C.C.G)
    That's why some men have more than 1 girlfriend. Just sorting out the ratio imbalance init. :cool:
    :rolleyes:

Thanks for all your replies. I'm still not convinced by it all anymore, I used to think that it was true but I just don't know anymore, it's starting to feel more like I'll end up never finding someone. I think whoever said I should just focus on being happy, getting a good career n stuff was right.

ReputationRep:
    Not for me.

ReputationRep:
    yeah but you really have to be proactive hahaha.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.