Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I have already started revising for my GCSEs? watch

ReputationRep:
    Well my form tutor has been giving us constant grief about how we should be well into our revision. I have not even started it.

It's not because I'm lazy, it's because I'd prefer to get all my coursework out of the way first. There's really not much left. By the end of the coming half term (2 weeks), I should have all coursework done.

Will it be too late by then? Should I start revising this minute?

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    It won't be too late by then,I don't know anyone who has really started revising yet and a lot of people won't even start untill the april half term.

I'm doing the same as you, finishing all my coursework this week then starting slowly after that. You'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    No. You should make sure though that when you start revising, you will be revising and not learning.

ReputationRep:
    No. I'm going to finish all my coursework this week and try to learn anything I find particularly difficult. I'll probably revise my worst subjects. I'll start properly revising at Easter, and spend the time before then making sure I pay attention at school and doing some very light revision. i don't know anyone who has started proper revision yet.

ReputationRep:
    I guess it's personal choice. If you're happy with what you got in your mocks, then work at the same pace as you did for those and you should get relitavely similar grades.

If you're not happy with your mock results/predicted grades and want to do better then only you can decide when to start. Just start whenever you believe you need to. The more revision you do the better, I know some people say there's no need for all these hours and hours of revision etc but from my experience, you get out what you put in.

Personally I want a few grades better than my predicted grades so I've already started making revision notes and flash cards etc. I'm not full on revising, just an hour or so a day or whenever I have nothing to do.

ReputationRep:
    if you want to get those 5 A*-C's including maths and english you should have started around christmas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k8ht67`)
    if you want to get those 5 A*-C's including maths and english you should have started around christmas
    that depends on the person

ReputationRep:
    I haven't started yet, but one of my workaholic friends is already doing to much whilst some others probably wont do anything until the night before

I was thinking about starting in a few weeks on the year 10 stuff, right now im on a self prescribed break :P

ReputationRep:
    Or the day before the exam, depending on who you are

OP, april hols would be a good time

ReputationRep:
    Of course you're not too late. I didn't start 'till April and got A's and A*'s (though one naughty little B snuck his way in!).

Start as soon as you feel you need to, of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marsha2112)
    Or the day before the exam, depending on who you are

OP, april hols would be a good time
    I weren't being serious, as he is posting on tsr he could most probably get that without even revising:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I started revising in the easter holidays, and I got good grades

In reply to the OP, don't worry about it, I agree, it's best to get everything else out of the first, then concentrate fully on your revision!

ReputationRep:
    No. Imo the easter holidays would be a good time to start- Its probably a good idea to get all your coursework out of the way first.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Like others, I'm finishing all my coursework over the next couple of weeks and then will probably start revision in March/April time.

Actually, no I won't. I'm far too lazy.

ReputationRep:
    lolums, no

ReputationRep:
    We have already starting revising in Maths, but that's only because we have finished the syllabus way early. But for other subjects we are just aiming to get all of the coursework done. For subjects you are very bad at, you should be looking at revision in March, instead of mid-April like normal subjects.

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't think I started until April-ish. I, too, wanted to get all coursework done first. However, I did start Maths early, I can't remember when. I went on that MyMaths site for an hour each night, I think.

ReputationRep:
    I'm only revising when..
    a) I'm really bored during study leave
    b) Day before the exam
    c) When we get revision time in lessons.

Seemed to work so far.

ReputationRep:
    I'll start in April half-term. =B
    I started revising for my science ones two nights before and did me no harm. Probably won't do that for most subjects, but if I do revise too much, I just get to a point where I can't be arsed and just sleep.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.