My offer from LSE is :

This offer is subject to you obtaining

Obtain grades AAA at A level excluding General Studies from

your June 2010 examinations. Please provide certified

verification of your English Language qualification by 13

August 2010. This offer is valid only on the basis of your

having overseas fee status: it may be reassessed if your fee

status changes.

Will I be at a disadvantage if my fee status changes?

What if I firm LSE and then my fee status changes before 1st September, can they reject me?

ReputationRep:
    It is usually best to contact them for this kind of issues. If you're fee status is not gonna change, then don't bother.

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    Only if it changes to home student or whatever, I think is what they mean.

ReputationRep:
    They may withdraw your offer once your status is changed.

ReputationRep:
    "It may be reassessed if it changes"

so no

ReputationRep:
    they want ure money for being abroad, so they prolly wont take u if u pay less...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f1 boss)
    they want ure money for being abroad, so they prolly wont take u if u pay less...
    It's because they have a quota for home students set by the government. For every home student that they take over the limit, they are fined heavily. So you can understand why they may have to rescind the OP's offer if he/she becomes a home student, can't you? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frontier)
    It's because they have a quota for home students set by the government. For every home student that they take over the limit, they are fined heavily. So you can understand why they may have to rescind the OP's offer if he/she becomes a home student, can't you? :rolleyes:
    didnt actually know that...why would the govt set things like that, who does it benefit, surely not UK?

ReputationRep:
    didnt actually know that...why would the govt set things like that, who does it benefit, surely not UK?
    Because the government pays universities per home student as they subsidise the fees of home students. So it benefits home students, as part of their degree is paid for by the government. The government has to set quotas because otherwise they have no control over how big the university budget will be!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cs19911_dp)
    hey i applied on mid june for lse 2010. i received a mail from the department saying that they had recommended for an offer. but since the quota is already full. to make a offer they have to get permisiion from admission. if the the admission doesnt agree to surpass this number then i am put on reserve. i received the mail on thurday. can u let me know my prospects?
    You applied in June? Is this for postgrad?

ReputationRep:
    I'm curious as to whether they have that specific line as a condition for home students as well.

Any home students holding an offer care to share?

ReputationRep:
    What Frontier said, but also because overseas students pump their tuition fees into the UK economy. More foreign students = more money. Also, more foreign students will cushion the blow of cuts to education spending, because they pay so much more.

The reason LSE is in a strong position is because the undergraduate programmes at least are bankrolled in a large way by overseas tuition fees

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 19, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.