Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I got an offer from University of Waterloo, St. Jerome's University to study Honours Arts and the offer was really really low (28 IB points).

Does anyone know whether the University of Waterloo, St. Jerome's University is good? how come the offer is so low? and is there a lot of difference between studying at the main campus and st. jerome's campus?

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I did a term at Waterloo! It was great fun. St Jerome's is pretty much on the campus just across a little stream. It's very nice, couldn't really tell you what the difference is between them!

Waterloo is really focussed on the compsci and maths side of things. I did Arts and really enjoyed it but it is really quite a geeky university. Bill Gates headhunts from there and stuff. So that might be why an arts offer is lower?

The town itself is teeeeeeeeeeeny tiny but the people were so friendly. There is a couple of pubs and clubs but that's it, but you're really near toronto so you can go out there if you want the nightlife

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flicker)
    I did a term at Waterloo! It was great fun. St Jerome's is pretty much on the campus just across a little stream. It's very nice, couldn't really tell you what the difference is between them!

Waterloo is really focussed on the compsci and maths side of things. I did Arts and really enjoyed it but it is really quite a geeky university. Bill Gates headhunts from there and stuff. So that might be why an arts offer is lower?

The town itself is teeeeeeeeeeeny tiny but the people were so friendly. There is a couple of pubs and clubs but that's it, but you're really near toronto so you can go out there if you want the nightlife
    :eek:

I envy you !!..You got to study in Canada!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    :eek:

I envy you !!..You got to study in Canada!!
    Yup. Best 4 months of my life

ReputationRep:

thanks for the reply!

are the people nice too? like to foreign students cause im asian and i have lots of people i know killed and discriminated cause they're asian in the uk and usa. how is canada?

ReputationRep:
    i know lots of people from Waterloo - the uni's crammed full of Chinese folks, that's all i can say...

ReputationRep:

I wanted to ask if the Uni of Waterloo have Party and Stuff like USA unis or is it boring because of academics,

ReputationRep:
    Waterloo is nicknamed Waterwoo for a reason haha.. You definitely won't be discriminated for being Asian there.

People party at UW, (IMO every university has party kids) although UW isn't really known for a big party scene but my friends there just hang out with a lot of Wilfred Laurier students

UW is much more known for science/technology and in Ontario alone, U of T, Western, Queen's and York have stronger Arts programs.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.