Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Your experiences?

When and where did you go??

What cities would you suggest going to? I have (an Australian) friend who has just left Barcelona, and has said it was exciting but a bit scary as she nearly got mugged!

When would you say the best time is to visit?

DB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella)
    Your experiences?

When and where did you go??

What cities would you suggest going to? I have (an Australian) friend who has just left Barcelona, and has said it was exciting but a bit scary as she nearly got mugged!

When would you say the best time is to visit?

DB.
    I'm always banging on about it but the north coats of Span is the best place I've been. Less crime and get away from the more 'downmarket' tourists. Mountain ranges, unspoilt coast, good food. Oviedo is worth going to, try San Vicente, Santander, Gijon etc. Haven't been to Galicia but that's worth doing too. Santiago de Compostela to(spelling?)

ReputationRep:
    La Pineda! Amazing, great beach! The food is traditional and v. nice. I go every year in the summer, i think i have fallen in love with it haha!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE Spain, i've been going since I was a child, but sadly i'm not fluent in Spanish. My parents bought a house out there which we only use for holidays. And I LOVE Paella.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chillaxer)
    I'm always banging on about it but the north coats of Span is the best place I've been. Less crime and get away from the more 'downmarket' tourists. Mountain ranges, unspoilt coast, good food. Oviedo is worth going to, try San Vicente, Santander, Gijon etc. Haven't been to Galicia but that's worth doing too. Santiago de Compostela to(spelling?)
    I totally agree here (and you spelt Santiago de Compostela right as well xD)
    My family is originally from San Sebastian, which is close to the French border. I spend a few weeks a year there, and I can tell you it is one of the most gorgeous cities I have ever been to.
    Here's some info from Lonely Planet, which ranked the city third in its list of top-10 European seaside escapes

ReputationRep:
    Hi, there are so many different areas to visit that I would suggest taking at least a few weeks (if you can) and exploring a number of places so you can experience the different flavours of the country. The major cities such as Barcelona, Madrid, Valencia, etc are great; vibrant, nice places to eat and go out and they have an all round fantastic vibe.

I loved some of the towns around the big cities, such as Sitges, which is around half an hour from Barcelona. If you want to go to the major cities, they're great starting points from which to branch out and explore the surrounding areas. Are you planning a Spanish trip?

Claire

ReputationRep:
    I love Spain, Barcelona, like any big city can have its share of pickpockets and muggers, but its generally a safe country.

I would recommend going in September or October, as the weather is still nice but not too hot.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 3, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.