Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Tattoo, or no tattoo? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Need some advice.

18 in 2 weeks, and wanted to get a tattoo, but ive been discouraged by a few people saying its like a tramp stamp or whatever.

anyway, please give me advice on whether this tattoo is a good or bad decision (temporary tattoo although the real one wouldnt be squint and edges missing :p: )

PLEASE. NO FAT JOKES. I JUST WANT ADVICE ON THE TATTOO, NOT MY WEIGHT.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Urkel)
    In my opinion, it just looks kinda random. Sorry, if that's ignorant, but does it have any special/personal meaning to you?

Also, why would you want a tattoo on your left, lower middle back? There are better palces to get it, IMO.

And finally, you're not fat! :p:

its a pisces symbol, and the first letter of my name "H".
    also, kind of for my gran, i always thought i was an aquarious and she went along with it to not make me feel bad. it was a funny revelation.

i dont know, i thought it might be cool to get it there.
    any suggestion on where ?

ReputationRep:
    I like it, and I like the fact it means something to you but maybe not in that position? Perhaps higher up on the shoulder blade? xx

ReputationRep:
    If it means something to you and you've thought about it then get it!

Plus, where it is, even if you do regret it later on in life, you can't see it and noone else can!

Oh and you are not fat in the slightest!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouisVuitton43)
    Need some advice.

18 in 2 weeks, and wanted to get a tattoo, but ive been discouraged by a few people saying its like a tramp stamp or whatever.

anyway, please give me advice on whether this tattoo is a good or bad decision (temporary tattoo although the real one wouldnt be squint and edges missing :p: )

PLEASE. NO FAT JOKES. I JUST WANT ADVICE ON THE TATTOO, NOT MY WEIGHT.
    Fat? insanely obese i say/( no not really lol)
    can i be your tatoo LOL.?:o:

ReputationRep:
    I personally like it
    I like tattoos which seem completely meaningless to most people, that makes the real meaning of them seem very special to the person who knows the meaning, as it is personal. And you have 3 personal reasons for it! To most people they's just see a pretty symbol, but to you it's special

I also personally like the positioning of it, I've not seen one there before I don't think, it's unique, and I think it's quite attractive. I don't really get the tramp stamp comments, it isn't on your lower back, and I think it looks not at all trampy, quite the opposite

But despite all this, you shouldn't get a tattoo based on what other people say or think. A tattoo is personal and is for you, so if you like it, then go for it! But if you're not sure then don't rush into it, you've got ages of time to get one.

(Award for the most times someone can use the words meaning, special and personal in a post goes to...)

ReputationRep:
    yeah its in a random place but it is not a tramp stamp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RatnSha)
    yeah its in a random place but it is not a tramp stamp

the photos actually side on,
    its actually at the edge of my back, not in the middle...

does that make it any less random :p:

probs not?

but i want to be able to wear strapless dresses and be able to bend down without seeing it, so its only visible in bikini etc...

but maybe it is too random?

ReputationRep:
    the photos actually side on,
    its actually at the edge of my back, not in the middle...

does that make it any less random :p:

probs not?

but i want to be able to wear strapless dresses and be able to bend down without seeing it, so its only visible in bikini etc...

but maybe it is too random?
    yeah i understand but you dont want it any lower otherwise ppl will call it a tramp stamp,does it have it be somewhere near your bak

ReputationRep:
    It's not a tramp stamp by any means, and I think it's in quite a nice place actually I say go for it!

ReputationRep:
    I like it!

ReputationRep:
    yeah i understand but you dont want it any lower otherwise ppl will call it a tramp stamp,does it have it be somewhere near your bak
    whereelse could i get it that it cant be seen everyday?

ReputationRep:
    i like it, its not too trampy at all!!

ReputationRep:
    whereelse could i get it that it cant be seen everyday?
    inner arm
    somewhere near your thigh
    lower hip...that's all i can think of

ReputationRep:
    It's not a tramp stamp, they are located on the back at the bottom.

I think it looks really bad though... I've seen some beautiful looking tattoos but I have to say that both the placement and the subject just look random.
    I understand it has meaning for you, but it just looks like something someone would wake up with after a bad night out.
    Then again, I think a girl has to work extra hard to make a tattoo look elegant or flattering to her, but that's a difference in opinion there.

Just my 2p. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helloimloo)
    i like it, its not too trampy at all!!
    is that good or bad...?

ReputationRep:
    inner arm
    somewhere near your thigh
    lower hip...that's all i can think of

no, rather have it on my back that there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliluvschoc)
    I think it looks really bad though... I've seen some beautiful looking tattoos but I have to say that both the placement and the subject just look random.
    I understand it has meaning for you, but it just looks like something someone would wake up with after a bad night out.
    Then again, I think a girl has to work extra hard to make a tattoo look elegant or flattering to her, but that's a difference in opinion there.

Just my 2p. :dontknow:

harsh...
    and not very constructive at all....

ReputationRep:
    harsh...
    Read the whole post, and then you'll find it is constructive. :rolleyes:

the bit you missed: "Both the placement and the subject just look random."

You didn't really expect all opinions to be positive did you?

ReputationRep:
    harsh...
    What exactly are you looking for by asking this question?

Like I said before, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, only what you do because you're the one getting it. There will always be people who don't like it, nomatter what you get, but you asked for opinions...

I don't think you should get it as you seem so doubtful, this is something you have to live with for the rest of your life.

I still think it's a nice place for a tattoo though :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.